Full quill ostrich boot care.

Gf bought me these Mexican made original full quill ostrich boots. The brand is called Heritage. How are you supposed to care for them? I'm guessing swing by Cavenders or the like to get some ostrich specific leather cleaner and conditioner? I wonder how often are they supposed to be cleaned and conditioned?
Boots.jpg

I see you are in Dallas area. My aunt and uncle are in Plano. About a decade ago they bought me a pair of IIRC Tecova's. They are square toe caiman hide. Check to be certain but what my uncle (lifelong Tejas!!) told me was to use a mild leather lotion. The key is to not let the exotic leather dry out. He has always stated clean with a warm water cloth and NOT a leather cleaner. Keep soft with a conditioner. His favorite pair (he has many) is a $1500 pair of Ostrich he has had for over 20 years. He received them as a gift from his employer, Tenneco Gas.

Attachments

• Kiwi.jpg
    Kiwi.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 8
Haha I just seen some boots like that tonight at Boot Barn. As for care I have no idea on my regular boots I use saddle soap and Leather CPR.

The last few months l was in La. 1987, before moving to FL. my dad gave me a pair of Python skin boots. I was called to go work on a shut down at Gretna, La. Shell petro plant. I didn't have any good work boots so l wore the Pythons. After 2 months of 7-12's the boots were toast. Let's just say that my dad wasn't too happy. :eek:
And, neither were my feet. :cautious:

Funny thing, my cat seems to be "in love" with these boots. She's always rolling around in front of them, purring,and rubbing all over them😻🐈

Back