Fuel in cylinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did all the things y'all said to do but when I turned it over with the coil unhooked it seemed fine. So I hokked up the fuel pump and coil and fired it up. It started right up, Easy easy. But my motor now has a pretty loud knock that sounds like it's coming from the lower, left, rear side of the motor. I liked it not wanting to make it worse. Any advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated. I'm really afraid that I bent a rod or at the least, broke something

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dogememe
If you disable the fuel system and crank the engine does it sound right? Or does it sound inconsistent?

It sounds great when you start it up

Originally Posted by The_Eric
Can you disable one cylinder at a time and see if the knock goes away?

Good idea...

OP...Does the knocking sound speed up if you give it a little gas, or go away? Do you have an OBD2 reader? Are you getting any misfires on any of the 3cyls that flooded?

Wouldn't surprise me if you had a bent rod given your describe of what occurred.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kc8adu
this has the spider type injector module?
its more likely the fuel pressure regulator is leaking.
i have seen those bad enough to hydrolock the engine.

this.

Update on engine situation. I pinpointed the knocking. It was a really loud, obnoxious lifter. I put a little Lucas, 1 tablespoon and approximately 3 tablespoons of tranny fluid in each egr hole on the valve covers and ooalah. Silence. Motor is stronger and running way way better than ever before. I got lucky. I know. Thanks for all of the advice.

Update on engine situation. I pinpointed the knocking. It was a really loud, obnoxious lifter. I put a little Lucas, 1 tablespoon and approximately 3 tablespoons of tranny fluid in each egr hole on the valve covers and ooalah. Silence. Motor is stronger and running way way better than ever before. I got lucky. I know. Thanks for all of the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back