Friendly Canadian visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

So, a lil' bit ago I headed over to Wal Mart with a retired military veteran senior citizen friend of mine to get his groceries. As we were walking out I noticed 3 Canadian friends I see when I go fishing in Ontario every summer. They were going to see downtown Pittsburgh and see the Penguins home game Tuesday vs the Lightning. We all went to Primanti Brothers which is beside my Wal Mart. Glad my friend got to meet them and great times. Cheers!
08.gif
34.gif
10.gif

A great time had for all, but everyone knows, Canadians are legally obliged to be friendly!
lol.gif

Except for me, I can be cranky if you have 9+ items in the "8 or less" grocery express line.

Originally Posted by KGMtech
A great time had for all, but everyone knows, Canadians are legally obliged to be friendly!
lol.gif

Except for me, I can be cranky if you have 9+ items in the "8 or less" grocery express line.

When I'm in Canada; even folks in Ontario are always kind. One Canadian friend of mine is from Ontario but is a Bruins fan!
mad.gif
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Clearly I'm not Overkill but, let me know when you're in the GTA; I'll buy you a veal sandwich.

Sounds like a great plan
smile.gif

Id bring you some beer that can actually get u drunk! Lol friendly poke ...Š

I travel to the USA often...could use somewhere warmer than -11f that feels like -24f with wind..(why did anyone ever settle here?!?!)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rolla07
Id bring you some beer that can actually get u drunk! Lol friendly poke ...Š

I travel to the USA often...could use somewhere warmer than -11f that feels like -24f with wind..(why did anyone ever settle here?!?!)

There are some great breweries in downtown Pittsburgh. Its 40F today and yesterday never got above 25F and we got dumped on with over 6" snow from 4am to 8am. Needless to say I was out plowing in it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GMguy84
I agree our fellow Canadian "neighborinos" are AWESOME !!!

Business wise I have dealt with people in Toronto and um ya
02.gif

Dave

Hey! My friends would resent that David. I find that any Canadian is friendly, even though they have a "eh" to them
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
lol.gif

When I'm in Canada; even folks in Ontario are always kind. One Canadian friend of mine is from Ontario but is a Bruins fan!
mad.gif
shocked2.gif

The closer to Toronto you are, the less friendly it gets.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
lol.gif

mad.gif
shocked2.gif

The closer to Toronto you are, the less friendly it gets.

Yep, completely agree with this.

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Clearly I'm not Overkill but, let me know when you're in the GTA; I'll buy you a veal sandwich.

Why did I read: a REAL Sandwich...?

I'm a cranky old Yankee. I met some Torontonians at various E 26 shows, they invited me up to their show. I was treated like royalty with way more deference than I was accustomed to down home.
grin2.gif

Had great luck with everyone up in Canada but especially in Halifax and St.Johns. Those maritime folk are a different breed but they got the Donair down pat.

Went due north to Montreal on a whim.
The smallish bed & breakfast used it's small basement as a dining room. It was quite cramped.
One morning I saw 3 couples (traveling together) load toasters then wrestle their way back to their seats.
I thought that odd. I stayed standing and fixed my toast when it popped up.
I fixed their's too....and served it to them.
Oh I made their day. They were so happy. The funny part was that during the day's walking about I bumped into them 3 different times.

If it makes anyone feel better I did meet a thorough jac kass in Winnipeg once.
He was dressed like a male Vampira character....so made up....so sad looking....so unoriginal.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Love me some Canadians!

Someday, I hope to meet OVERKILL
smile.gif

Looking forward to it! Of our US members I've so far met Rand and 2015_PSD, both great guys
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back