Fram XG12060 - GM 22psi spec Ultra coming soon!

Just heard from Motorking. The new 22psi spec ultra for GM spec'd vehicles will be available in the next 2 months. The part number will be XG12060.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4750189/Searchpage/1/Main/288895/Words/Patman/Search/true/Re:_Wix_GM_Application/Filter_#Post4750189

Apparently the XG12060 won't fit my two newer GM vehicles with the 5.3L engine, and the XG10575 doesn't meet the GM 22 psi bypass spec. I'd prefer to use an Ultra, but feel like I should stay with a filter that meets the GM recommended spec for the warranty. Does Fram have anything in the works for these vehicles?

Originally Posted By: Ag76
Apparently the XG12060 won't fit my two newer GM vehicles with the 5.3L engine, and the XG10575 doesn't meet the GM 22 psi bypass spec. I'd prefer to use an Ultra, but feel like I should stay with a filter that meets the GM recommended spec for the warranty. Does Fram have anything in the works for these vehicles?

Actually it does fit your late model 5.3. Your vehicle uses 22mx1.5 thread size and has the same location for the o ring. This issue is complicated. The 10575 fits many Ford and FCA vehicles that have much lower bypass, that is why we cannot just change the valve in the 10575. The PH12060 was released with the 22 psi bypass for GM 4 cylinders and then GM changed requirements for V8's as well.

This is targeted at the PF64 filter, correct? Are there plans to support the UPF64R filters in the future as there have been reports the bypass setting on the 64R is over 30psi?

So....Should I make sure I get 22psi bypass filters for my new Silverado 3500HD, which has the 6.0L gas engine?

Originally Posted By: Phishin
So....Should I make sure I get 22psi bypass filters for my new Silverado 3500HD, which has the 6.0L gas engine?

If under warranty, probably.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Actually it does fit your late model 5.3. Your vehicle uses 22mx1.5 thread size and has the same location for the o ring. This issue is complicated. The 10575 fits many Ford and FCA vehicles that have much lower bypass, that is why we cannot just change the valve in the 10575. The PH12060 was released with the 22 psi bypass for GM 4 cylinders and then GM changed requirements for V8's as well.

Just because something "fits" the space doesn't mean its right to use. And its not really complicated. Very simply, Fram has been crossing the UPF64R with their PH12060, which is wrong since the UPF64R has a 35 psi bypass and the PH12060 has a reduced 22 psi bypass.
Not complicated, just confused by Fram's (and some other aftermarket company's) insistence on the wrong look-ups in some applications. Just weird really.
Mabye Fram and a few others should clean up their act? There's an idea. Call out the right part for the job for a change.

Currently the only Fram filter you can get to replace a PF63E application is the HP19, a very good choice in construction & efficiency, a tad expensive and not at Walmart though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: Motorking

Just because something "fits" the space doesn't mean its right to use. And its not really complicated. Very simply, Fram has been crossing the UPF64R with their PH12060, which is wrong since the UPF64R has a 35 psi bypass and the PH12060 has a reduced 22 psi bypass.
Not complicated, just confused by Fram's (and some other aftermarket company's) insistence on the wrong look-ups in some applications. Just weird really.
Mabye Fram and a few others should clean up their act? There's an idea. Call out the right part for the job for a change.

Currently the only Fram filter you can get to replace a PF63E application is the HP19, a very good choice in construction & efficiency, a tad expensive and not at Walmart though.

I have seen the 35psi quoted many times on many forums but have yet to see anyone post an email from ACDELCO confirming this, just some references to a non-ACDELCO site which listed a 35psi. Does anyone have confirmation directly from ACDELCO or GM that the UPF64R does in fact have a 35PSI bypass setting?

I think I would pay good money to see any kind of ACTUAL 35 psi bypass event.

......when pigs fly is my guess.

Originally Posted By: webfors

If I may interject. The 6.0 is still a Gen IV engine and does not have the higher oil pressure system seen in the 5.3 liter (2014 +) which is a Gen V. You would not want to use the higher pressure bypass in this engine. However, the Fram filters that fit this engine still have the lower bypass pressure so you are fine with the short Fram 10060 or the longer Fram 10575 because they both have the lower bypass pressure. Eventually, there will be an upgraded 10575 probably with a new part number. It will be for 2014+ Gen V engines such as the 5.3.
Fram shows the current 10575 being for the Gen V engines but they are behind the 8 ball because they have not yet updated the bypass pressure to 22 psi. I understand they are working on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: smithph
I have seen the 35psi quoted many times on many forums but have yet to see anyone post an email from ACDELCO confirming this, just some references to a non-ACDELCO site which listed a 35psi. Does anyone have confirmation directly from ACDELCO or GM that the UPF64R does in fact have a 35PSI bypass setting?

Good question ... I was wondering the same thing.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Originally Posted By: webfors

If I may interject. The 6.0 is still a Gen IV engine and does not have the higher oil pressure system seen in the 5.3 liter (2014 +) which is a Gen V. You would not want to use the higher pressure bypass in this engine. However, the Fram filters that fit this engine still have the lower bypass pressure so you are fine with the short Fram 10060 or the longer Fram 10575 because they both have the lower bypass pressure. Eventually, there will be an upgraded 10575 probably with a new part number. It will be for 2014+ Gen V engines such as the 5.3.
Fram shows the current 10575 being for the Gen V engines but they are behind the 8 ball because they have not yet updated the bypass pressure to 22 psi. I understand they are working on it.

Didn’t read all of Webfors post. 12060 it is. I would have chosen 12575. We’ll have to see if it’s long or short.

Here is my latest experiment. I have a 2008 Chev Gen IV 6 liter. Instead of running the usual Fram 10060, I ran a Fram 10575, both as Fram Ultra’s. Because both filters still have a 9-15 psi bypass setting , they work fine. What do I get? More filter cross section for the same price. Here’s how they look. Sorry for the poorly exposed photo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: smithph

Good question ... I was wondering the same thing.

Well it's been a month. I think I will call BullS__t on the 35psi clams for a UPF64R. I called Delco and they would not confirm or deny the 35psi bypass setting and would not provide a UPF64R spec sheet. Without confirmation from the manufacture the 35PSI claim is just an internet rumor.

Here is my latest experiment. I have a 2008 Chev Gen IV 6 liter. Instead of running the usual Fram 10060, I ran a Fram 10575, both as Fram Ultra’s. Because both filters still have a 9-15 psi bypass setting , they work fine. What do I get? More filter cross section for the same price. Here’s how they look. Sorry for the poorly exposed photo.

Made that switch a few years back … even find the longer XG filter easier to remove/install
I see another Pine-O Ramp user too … I added another 1-1/2” to mine so about 7.5” now
(Heavy as a cinder block … little work out don’t hurt)

Originally Posted By: 4WD

Made that switch a few years back … even find the longer XG filter easier to remove/install
I see another Pine-O Ramp user too … I added another 1-1/2” to mine so about 7.5” now
(Heavy as a cinder block … little work out don’t hurt)

I installed the 10575 this weekend. Fits perfectly, with a bit of room to spare. This is definitely my go-to filter until Fram releases the 22psi spec'd XG.

I'll be cutting open the UPF64R that was on there for 2800 KMs.

I did that on my 2010 5.3L … but the newer L83 calls for the higher PSI PRV … I just gave some of my XG10575's to my BiL for his Ford …

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
The 12060 has been released but instead of being the size of a 10575 which is just over 4 inches long it is the size of a 10060.This is from the Fram site. It's only 3.3 inches long.

We knew it was going to be the same size as the 10060 all along though, as it's that same filter just with a 22psi bypass. It's meant to be a cross reference to the PF64, which is 3.3 inches long.

Back