Fram XG12060 - GM 22psi spec Ultra coming soon!

Originally Posted by Motorking
Originally Posted by Ag76
Apparently the XG12060 won't fit my two newer GM vehicles with the 5.3L engine, and the XG10575 doesn't meet the GM 22 psi bypass spec. I'd prefer to use an Ultra, but feel like I should stay with a filter that meets the GM recommended spec for the warranty. Does Fram have anything in the works for these vehicles?

Actually it does fit your late model 5.3. Your vehicle uses 22mx1.5 thread size and has the same location for the o ring. This issue is complicated. The 10575 fits many Ford and FCA vehicles that have much lower bypass, that is why we cannot just change the valve in the 10575. The PH12060 was released with the 22 psi bypass for GM 4 cylinders and then GM changed requirements for V8's as well.

Good to know.

I'm using a Wix on my Chevy due to the 22 psi bypass spec.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by Motorking
Originally Posted by Ag76
Apparently the XG12060 won't fit my two newer GM vehicles with the 5.3L engine, and the XG10575 doesn't meet the GM 22 psi bypass spec. I'd prefer to use an Ultra, but feel like I should stay with a filter that meets the GM recommended spec for the warranty. Does Fram have anything in the works for these vehicles?

Actually it does fit your late model 5.3. Your vehicle uses 22mx1.5 thread size and has the same location for the o ring. This issue is complicated. The 10575 fits many Ford and FCA vehicles that have much lower bypass, that is why we cannot just change the valve in the 10575. The PH12060 was released with the 22 psi bypass for GM 4 cylinders and then GM changed requirements for V8's as well.

Good to know.

I'm using a Wix on my Chevy due to the 22 psi bypass spec.

I think I recall that Fram also bumped the bypass valve setting up on the 10575 (as well as other filters) and put a different colored bypass valve in them to tell the difference.

Fram is showing 16-28 PSI on the bypass valve setting.
https://www.fram.com/parts-search/XG10575/

Found the BITOG thread:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5034093/1

I chatted with Fram CS yesterday and I asked when the XG12060 will be available in brick and mortar stores. They answered with something along the lines of "we received information from stores that they dont feel this is a high enough demand model to carry in stores." Makes sense given that its been available for almost a year and half and still can only be had online.

I am going to just stick a XG10575 on the Malibu and call it a day. My wife just got a '17 Buick Enclave with the 3.6 and it calls for the 10575. I can confirm the latest XG10575 has the white bypass valve and also they updated the boxes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ok, that's the made to order XG10575 for the newer GM V8's etc …
I gave most of my old ones to BiL for his EcoBoost …
thanks

Originally Posted by 4WD
Ok, that's the made to order XG10575 for the newer GM V8's etc …
I gave most of my old ones to BiL for his EcoBoost …
thanks

You bet!

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
The holes in the center tube look flying saucer-shaped. Appears heavy-duty. Thanks for sharing.

Definitely heavy duty for sure, good build quality. The angle of the picture throws off the shape, they are round holes.

Didn't have one here this morning and noticed the popular XG10575 is now $11.
Considering this is LT country and fitting multiple brands ~ guess they can. Not me.

Back