FRAM air filters on, How It's Made

Originally Posted by ZZman
Imagine the job cutting off the flashing all day.

Boy, what a tedious thought.

Originally Posted by ZZman
Imagine the job cutting off the flashing all day.

With a supervisor checking your output from time to time. Most people have no idea what it is to spend hours doing such tasks with every minute seeming like ten. Lose focus, there goes your finger and another flashing cutter takes your place.

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
Why not spend a little money on better tooling and get rid of the flash? Get rid of the flash cutters?

How long have you worked in elastomer mold engineering?

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
Why not spend a little money on better tooling and get rid of the flash? Get rid of the flash cutters?

The video was made/posted 5 years ago, so who knows how they have updated manufacturing.

Originally Posted by CT8
The Fram filters I use are now made in China so I use other brands.

If your particular Frams were made in the USA would you buy them...if you knew others were made in China? Honest question.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by CT8

If your particular Frams were made in the USA would you buy them...if you knew others were made in China? Honest question.

Doesn't matter to me. In China, they are probably being made mostly by hand because that's how things are done there. Rarely is anything automated because people are less expensive than equipment. Different world. I've been there, moved production there and that's the way it is. Now my question is do you want someone who is working to eat to make your filter or some entitled person who wants to complain about how boring their job is?

Originally Posted by Sandstone

Doesn't matter to me. In China, they are probably being made mostly by hand because that's how things are done there. Rarely is anything automated because people are less expensive than equipment. Different world. I've been there, moved production there and that's the way it is. Now my question is do you want someone who is working to eat to make your filter or some entitled person who wants to complain about how boring their job is?

This new guy......
32.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Sandstone
Originally Posted by CT8

I find your comment outrageous on so many levels.

Interesting turn in the conversation. Anyway, I think the process for making the filters is cool. Seems like the robots were moving kind of slow though. Wonder if that was done intentionally for the show so we could follow more easily..🤔

Interesting turn in the conversation. Anyway, I think the process for making the filters is cool. Seems like the robots were moving kind of slow though. Wonder if that was done intentionally for the show so we could follow more easily..🤔
The lady on the band saw is going as fast as she can. Maybe they have more band saws. So the robots are not going to be the slow point. Maybe the robots are saying to one another we need a robot on the saw not a human.

Originally Posted by CT8

I buy the US,Canada,Israel,Taiwan,Polish,S.Korea filters as much as I can

Originally Posted by CT8

While there is some trurth to that years ago, but to a leased degree in the last ten years. China has some very high end robotic manufacturing plants for simple cheap junky stuff that you would freak out how advanced they are. They make a lot of money making the world’s “stuff”, they have spent trillions on updating manufacturing too.

Back