Food for the grammar and spelling correctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught this out of the corner of my eye today. Had to loop around to take a picture.

4A7B71CA-346F-4F76-9187-9C9418E68BAD.jpeg

What is the proper form you have to fill out to get an exception for your clean concrete?

Last edited:
People who are challenged by G,P, & S don't notice correct use of the language. People with good language skills do notice errors like those noted. If in business one really should make a strong effort to look professional.

Kinda like the yard stones with people's name on them. "The Smith's" . No surprise many people don't know this but the business selling the rocks should get it correct.

I suppose there's a very slim possibility it's deliberate, but then I'm thinking, nah. Not sure what advertising "excepting" clean concrete would mean. Taking dirty concrete? I'm thinking much more likely the righter just didn't get it write.
grin.gif

Thanks for taking time to post the pic.

For those who like grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes, try engrish.com. I always end up having a good laugh when I visit that websight....

My first trip to China I started taking pictures of all the funny misspellings but they're so common that you get numb to them.

Somewhat related when discussing grammatical errors are usage errors. One particular example is how many people use the word "I"in a sentence when they are the object instead of using "me". For instance, "Bob asked if he could go with Rich and I to the game".

Originally Posted by Inked
Somewhat related when discussing grammatical errors are usage errors. One particular example is how many people use the word "I"in a sentence when they are the object instead of using "me". For instance, "Bob asked if he could go with Rich and I to the game".
This rule works well - drop the other party from the sentence, leaving only yourself, and it's pretty obvious:

Bob asked if he could go with I to the game.

vs.

Bob asked if he could go with me to the game.

Originally Posted by natas
I like to make small spelling or grammatical mistakes in my sentences.

You're salacious intent a side, I here what your saying.

But I digest...

Due you really want two be no own as that guy?

Is that because you wish to get noticed?

Originally Posted by kschachn

Is that because you wish to get noticed?

No. It's for the poor soul who reads that over and over--hopefully to drive him/her crazy. Happy New Year!

Originally Posted by The_Nuke

Your salacious intent aside, I hear what you're saying.

But I digress...

Do you really want to be known as that guy?

I like to correct other people's mistakes when I quote them and hope they don't notice.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke

You're salacious intent a side, I here what your saying.

But I digest...

Due you really want two be no own as that guy?
Very nice! Some years ago I worked as a specification writer. After I'd moved on, I sent my successor (good guy, we played hockey together) a short note written in the same style as yours. I must have crammed at least a dozen grammatical and spelling errors into it. Anyway, he was much less OCD than me about these things, and phoned me to tell me that he'd found an error in my note!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back