Follow hrs or guages?

On many things, there's a flow guage, like on my big truck it's got a fuel filter guage, air filter guage, hydraulic filter guage, etc.
Gauges like that are common on other stuff as well, like my skid steer will alarm when the hydraulic filter or air filter is plugged.

Do you guys wait to change based on those or the standard 250/500hr changes?

depends on usage, if its used everyday, then ill push it towards those numbers. personal usage or every once in a while ill go off of time. ill wont go 500hrs though. usually cut whatever the manf says in half. they have to meet certain standards for oil usage and such. I'm worried about the equipment lasting.

depends on usage, if its used everyday, then ill push it towards those numbers. personal usage or every once in a while ill go off of time. ill wont go 500hrs though. usually cut whatever the manf says in half. they have to meet certain standards for oil usage and such. I'm worried about the equipment lasting.
I don't keep track what manufacturers say. Too hard to remember with a small fleet. Easier to pick what works ok and use that for everything.

Back