Fleet oil intervals to save money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Originally Posted by Todd00000

Dude, this is just bizarre. You want to do 40k oil changes on a brand new performance car that is still under warranty? I mean I get the warranty will be over after another year but I wouldn't want to toss it away before I was over in mileage either.

Never said I was going to violate it.

So, like fake receipts or something? Because without receipts you have no warranty...

Anyway, I do think 40k changes with 10 quarts and all freeway is doable with the right oil and a few filter changes, but I wouldn't do it until after warranty and in that car, it just doesn't make any sense. Fuel and depreciation alone are way, way greater factors than a few bucks in oil. [/quote]

One more time: I'm not going to violate my warranty.

Last edited:
Do what you want. Sounds like you posted wanting validation only for a decision already made.

Your ride, your problems.

Originally Posted by Hootbro
Do what you want. Sounds like you posted wanting validation only for a decision already made.

If you say so....

Originally Posted by Hootbro

If you say so....

We get it, you are the smartest guy in the room here.

Seriously, you posted a non standard concept of oil changing strategy and prevailing push back is that it is not a sound course of action. What were you expecting?

I commute in a 2019 Mustang 5.0 it currently has 14K miles. It holds 10 quarts of syn and I'm putting 10K miles on her every 3 months, changing 10 quarts of syn every 3 months is too expensive.
Here's what I'm thinking of doing. Next oil change will be Amsoil Signature Series 5W-20 and their filter. I'm currently using close to 1.5 quarts every 10K miles.

There is the Mobil1 Annual Protection 5w20 "20,000 Mile Oil" option, with a 20,000 mile Fram Ultra oil filter. That would work great in your highway miles case.
Change that every 20,000 miles, check your oil level once a week, and top off to keep it anywhere between the Add & Full lines on the dipstick, which you already know!
Mobil1 Annual Protection is cheap-ish at Walmart, or can be web ordered of course. Two 5-quart jugs are about $80 with tax. Fram Ultra is an excellent (the best known oil filter) and also at Walmart.

Amsoil SS 5w20 is an excellent oil too. Just too expensive I think.
Another option if the Mobil1 Annual Protection is not what you want, is to go up in oil performance specs and run it 20,000 miles, such as VW 508 0w-20 oil (dealership or ECStuning.com is where I get my high performance German oil). ( 0w-20 high performance spec oil can be used since it has the same HTHS 2.7 as any 5w20 full syn.)
I ordered this 0w-20 VW 508 kit, but you can get the VW 508 in liter bottles of course.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/oil-service-kit/g052577m2kt1/
Also, a bargain in high-spec VW 508 is Total Quartz from https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/206764-MFG759.aspx a very good French company.
VW 508 oil has a ton more engine tests.
Also, suncoastparts.com has Mobil1 ESP x2 0w-20 for web order too if you want a more popular brand here in the U.S. It has VW 508, with Mercedes, GM dexosD, and Jaguar ratings, very tough oil in 0w-20 HTHS 2.6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back