Flank drive wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting design. Actually a wrench or socket only contacts the bolt head in one place not on the whole flat. Which is true on any wrench or socket ever made, but this one does it farther in like flank drive sockets. Another very simple when already invented idea, but very smart when no one else invented it. I have a couple Wright socket tools, like art in metal.

http://www.wrighttool.com/documents/wright-grip-info-new.pdf

Last edited:
Switched from FD+ to FD for the reasons stated- they chew up fasteners.

That said, the FDs are SO much better than the old-school unpolished craftsman units I had been using that it's ridiculous; after a long day in the garage with the craftsman my hands were sore and clawed whereas with the Snapon FDs they feel great.

I'm looking seriously at the Wright Grip 2.0. They really look good. Not as aggressive at chewing heads as the FD+. Made in USA , lifetime warranty ( not sure how you submit). I may order these.

I just purchased a new set of ICON wrenches with their version of "flank drive" grip. I bought them to use and save wear on my Snap on set. Guess what? They are VERY nice! I am planning on trying their other tools as well. I just got the ICON wall unit tool box with the hutch/work center, both end units and the stainless steel top for about 20k less than a Snap on and the box is better. I think the tool truck days are coming to an end....no need to be in debt to the tool truck when other options (such as ICON) are fine and less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back