FI cleaners ruin injectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by The_Nuke
Originally Posted by Redright9
Hello, I have had a couple people tell me recently that they used too much fuel injector cleaner and it damaged the injectors. Anyone hear of this?

I have heard it only once...on BITOG...just now, from you.

I find it hard to believe though, so I will not be repeating it until shown some sort of proof.

grin.gif
Hilarious! I figured it was a silly thing to post, but my friends swears this is what happened.

grin.gif
Hilarious! I figured it was a silly thing to post, but my friends swears this is what happened.

The problem with a lot of claims is something we call the, "lack of cause-and-effect" and supporting factual information.

Not at all.

I don't doubt it happened.

Just because someone knows how to change a fuel injector, or even diagnose that one is bad doesn't mean they know how the injector works.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
Hello, I have had a couple people tell me recently that they used too much fuel injector cleaner and it damaged the injectors. Anyone hear of this?

I have heard it only once...on BITOG...just now, from you.

I find it hard to believe though, so I will not be repeating it until shown some sort of proof.

grin.gif

LOL and would these people per chance been employed by your stealership?

If you guys think that's a crazy statement, I once had a Mazdaspeed3 owner tell me running a higher octane can blow your motor - all because his blew up on 93.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back