FHS Smokeless oil ? * Scam ? *

Messages
22
Location
N.C.
Thread starter
http://members.aol.com/FHSoil/SmokeLess.html I own a 1993 Mitsubishi Diamante that runs excellent minus some oil burning smoke. Was wondering the reviews seem favorable and alot of mini vans with the same engine/smoke problems of early Diamante's seem to be remedied by it. I sense "scam" though due to the lack of info I can Google. Any input/insight is appreciated,,, Thanks.
 
Messages
7,427
Location
beaver land EH?
YOu can pretty much do away with a bottle of motor honey (and guaranteed it will come back in 500miles)and the effect will be pretty much the same. Trouble is, this is a mechanical issue and mainly has to do with oil control rings, valve guide and valve guide seals (been an issue with Mitsu engines for the past 2 decades...dunno why).
 
Messages
420
Location
Glendale
I'd suggest using some Lucas Oil Treatment for that problem...I know many Mitsubishi owners who have used that for noisy valve trains, burning oil, smoking, all that stuff and they all seem to swear by it. How many miles on that Diamante? I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT that has the same engine platform as yours, the 6g72 3.0L V6...very smooth engine that can last some years.
 
Messages
656
Location
Massachusetts
Gee - do they make a smokeless cigarette too? That would go a long way for us smokers who don't want other to know that they smoke.
 
Messages
22
Location
N.C.
Thread starter
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck1986: I'd suggest using some Lucas Oil Treatment for that problem...I know many Mitsubishi owners who have used that for noisy valve trains, burning oil, smoking, all that stuff and they all seem to swear by it. How many miles on that Diamante? I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT that has the same engine platform as yours, the 6g72 3.0L V6...very smooth engine that can last some years.
171,000 and besides the exhaust smoke it runs/drives flawless.
 
Messages
420
Location
Glendale
quote:
Originally posted by Chucky Cheese:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck1986: I'd suggest using some Lucas Oil Treatment for that problem...I know many Mitsubishi owners who have used that for noisy valve trains, burning oil, smoking, all that stuff and they all seem to swear by it. How many miles on that Diamante? I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT that has the same engine platform as yours, the 6g72 3.0L V6...very smooth engine that can last some years.
171,000 and besides the exhaust smoke it runs/drives flawless.

[bowdown] Mitsubishi 6g72 [bowdown]
 
Messages
2,387
Location
Chicago area
Many times engines burn excess oil because the rings are carboned up in the piston lands, and don't seal well. You could try an ARx treatment [excellent internal engine cleaner].
 
Messages
2,636
Location
Arizona
I used to run FHS oil when I raced WKA karts in the 90's. They had this product back then and I was skeptical. Their kart oils were very good, however.
 
Messages
22
Location
N.C.
Thread starter
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck1986:
quote:
Originally posted by Chucky Cheese:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck1986: I'd suggest using some Lucas Oil Treatment for that problem...I know many Mitsubishi owners who have used that for noisy valve trains, burning oil, smoking, all that stuff and they all seem to swear by it. How many miles on that Diamante? I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT that has the same engine platform as yours, the 6g72 3.0L V6...very smooth engine that can last some years.
171,000 and besides the exhaust smoke it runs/drives flawless.

[bowdown] Mitsubishi 6g72 [bowdown]

I could easily see/feel this car going 300K + no lie,,(My uncle has a '94 Diamante that smokes he said it started @ around 90K but it's still going strong @ 225K now. He just keeps oil in it and "NO SMOKE" haha ! But he's like a Mr. Magoo with cars I'm definitely not gonna let it just smoke.
 
Messages
420
Location
Glendale
quote:
Originally posted by Chucky Cheese:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck1986:
quote:
Originally posted by Chucky Cheese:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck1986: I'd suggest using some Lucas Oil Treatment for that problem...I know many Mitsubishi owners who have used that for noisy valve trains, burning oil, smoking, all that stuff and they all seem to swear by it. How many miles on that Diamante? I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT that has the same engine platform as yours, the 6g72 3.0L V6...very smooth engine that can last some years.
171,000 and besides the exhaust smoke it runs/drives flawless.

[bowdown] Mitsubishi 6g72 [bowdown]

I could easily see/feel this car going 300K + no lie,,(My uncle has a '94 Diamante that smokes he said it started @ around 90K but it's still going strong @ 225K now. He just keeps oil in it and "NO SMOKE" haha ! But he's like a Mr. Magoo with cars I'm definitely not gonna let it just smoke.

That's great, definitely something I'd expect out of this engine, granted it is reasonably cared for and maintained. How long do you and/or your uncle go for the timing belt change? I'm due to change mine in about 4,000 miles- will be the first time, as I have 56,000 on it now. Although, I am hearing that the timing belt could actually last 80-100k miles, I even know a Mitsu mechanic who says he's seen one still going at 192k miles!!
 
Messages
22
Location
N.C.
Thread starter
Mine was/is done at every 60 K as spec. recommended my uncle had it done once at 140K. Like I said all he does is check/add oil every 2 gas fill-ups and add "No Smoke" to his oil and he's on his way. If U do your timing belt yourself or have it done make sure U check/replace the timing belt tensioner as well there's been problems shortly after people replace the T.B. they think they're home free but the tensioner is vital as well.
 
Top