fedex lost package . how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ordered some rotors off of ebay. was shipped Fedex home delivery. tracking said it would be delivered today. so i stayed at home waiting. then got an email saying they were delivered a certain time.

now this is not possible as i was watching the street most of the day. no fedex truck or anything came by. i called fedex to ask them where it was and all they could tell me was it was delivered. i am assuming he driver either delivered it to the wrong place or pilfered it.

So how does a lost package work at fedex? can they track where the package was when it was scanned? if its is truly lost , how should i handle this. i am going to call the shippper in the morning

FedEx has lost two of my packages in the last month, one happened today! I'm sitting here in my office near the front of the house with the front door open and receive an email that a package I have been waiting on has been delivered...odd since I didn't hear anything. I look outside and no package! I took a quick look at the neighbors on either side...nothing.

Security cameras show nothing either time, I am 100% certain nothing was delivered either time since I was home and expecting the package each time.

Same for me a couple months back.
21.gif

It's the shipper that has it insured. You tell the shipper you never got it and they normally just send out another package. I had that happen to me once, was just a bunch of wipers from Rockauto. Someone in my building stole the package. They resent the shipment and I found the wipers a few days after I got the replacement package as they had just tossed them out.

Originally Posted by dishdude
FedEx has lost two of my packages in the last month, one happened today! I'm sitting here in my office near the front of the house with the front door open and receive an email that a package I have been waiting on has been delivered...odd since I didn't hear anything. I look outside and no package! I took a quick look at the neighbors on either side...nothing.

Security cameras show nothing either time, I am 100% certain nothing was delivered either time since I was home and expecting the package each time.

This same thing happened to my friend. FedEx was adamant they delivered the packages, but his wife was home all day waiting and they never even drove down his road. They checked their security cameras and nope nothing at all. He no longer does any business with FedEx.

Nothing is preventing a lazy delivery driver from marking everything as being delivered, then stealing or tossing the packages. As far as the delivery company, if it's marked as being delivered, it was delivered unless you prove otherwise, or a lot of other people make the same complaint.

Two possibilities its misdelivered or its still on the truck. I've had this happen The package showed up later. But contact the shipper and the seller.

The trucks are typically equipped with GPS for a number of reasons. Call the shipper and tell them you didn't get it. The onus is on FedEx and the shipper to prove you got it, not on you.

Btw..did you check any side doors or gates? This has happened to me before where a pkg was left at my side door.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Nothing is preventing a lazy delivery driver from marking everything as being delivered, then stealing or tossing the packages. As far as the delivery company, if it's marked as being delivered, it was delivered unless you prove otherwise, or a lot of other people make the same complaint.

That is 100% not true. I have a friend who delivers for UPS and it's the shippers responsibility and not yours unless the pkg was signed for. The responsibility is on the seller/shipper to prove you got it, not the other way around.

Don't take my word for it... Google the topic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
The trucks are typically equipped with GPS for a number of reasons. Call the shipper and tell them you didn't get it. The onus is on FedEx and the shipper to prove you got it, not on you.

Btw..did you check any side doors or gates? This has happened to me before where a pkg was left at my side door.

actually this is the third package that has been lost in 2 weeks. all to be delivered by fedex home. the first was alarm battery from ADT. when i did not get it in a week i called them. they said they sent it out.tracking showed delivered told them i did not get it. they sent out another that was to arrive yesterday. Same thing , shows delivered , but nothing. I called ADT about it and they seemed not to care about the lost package. guess not worth their time. i told them to send a tech to do it

Seeing these lost packages, i stayed home today to be sure that i was around to get it. i was not really surprised when it showed delivered and its not here. There is something funky going on with the Fedex home delivery driver for my area . fedex ground, ups, usps never had an issue with them. fedex home supposed to be contractors so i would not be surprised if they stole them.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
There is something funky going on with the Fedex home delivery driver for my area . fedex ground, ups, usps never had an issue with them. fedex home supposed to be contractors so i would not be surprised if they stole them.

And that could very well be the case. Most of the Indy shippers use contractors during the holiday shipping period. ADT will get reimbursed by filing a insurance claim, most if not all of the shippers offer $100 in insurance gratis. If someone is stealing/intercepting your deliveries they will get caught.. they almost always do.

Last edited:
More than likely it got delivered to the wrong house. Right now it is an extremely busy time of year and since FedEx uses contractors to deliver to the final destination they (the contractors) are hiring extra temporary drivers. There is about twice the volume as normal and extra trucks right now, it's a madhouse in the local delivery area. It's an unfortunate situation, but you'll have to make a claim with the shipper and hope they follow up.

Got my Omaha Gift Box 2 days late yesterday. All the meat was soft and all the dry ice had evaporated. The FedEx driver told me he had it yesterday but just couldn't get it to me.

We are having a party for our church kids Saturday and I had ordered some toys from Walmart Online as prizes. The shipment showed out for delivery yesterday on FedEx. I asked this driver who had delivered the Omaha shipment about the Walmart shipment. He said he didn't have it as he had already looked for it. I decided to go to the truck and emphasize it was for a children's party on Friday night and if he found it later to please call me and I would come and meet him. All of a sudden as I am standing by his truck door he says, "I got it!" He slides it to the front of the truck. A huge blue Walmart logo'd box. Sorta hard to miss.

I get the tracking updates on my phone and it is shocking how often it will say delivered but it hasn't been delivered to me. It always comes. Just delivered later than FedEx says delivered. The FedEx ground guys' pay must be affected by their delivery times????

I had 2 incidents w/ FedEx lately. Last month, the items where deliver to a house w/ same address but different street: 3 blocks down.

Last week, my son order some stuff and it never got here. It did say deliver but nothing. I still prefer the local post office over FedEx.

Well either way, you didnt get it and won't have to pay for it but its a pain if you were waiting on something to get something done.
I doubt the driver stole it, doubt that very much.
I would assume he left it at the wrong place and/or someone took it from your home.
The shipper should send you out a new one right away and if not, buy it someplace else and simply click on your credit card for a credit, reason- "never received" product.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Delta
More than likely it got delivered to the wrong house. Right now it is an extremely busy time of year and since FedEx uses contractors to deliver to the final destination they (the contractors) are hiring extra temporary drivers. There is about twice the volume as normal and extra trucks right now, it's a madhouse in the local delivery area. It's an unfortunate situation, but you'll have to make a claim with the shipper and hope they follow up.

Yep. I had a package delivered to my house and it belonged to a neighbor with a ‘terrace' address and mine is a street address.

I took the box to the guys house, we also occasionally get his mail.

Fed ex hires from the same employee pool we use, It is wide, but scarcely deep enough to wet the soles of your shoes.

Then they do not treat them well.

Rod

Originally Posted by Gebo
The FedEx ground guys' pay must be affected by their delivery times????

Contractors are paid a set amount by piece. Same goes for Amazon drivers. Some of them are hard working, delivering pkgs late at night. I've gotten Amazon deliveries as late as 8pm. But I suppose there's always the occasional bad apple or two.

Actual FedEx and UPS trucks have GPS on them. I spoke to my driver once and he said the company tracks everything, lunches and breaks, speed etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back