fedex lost package . how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: came home today and the packages were in front of my garage. All of them, even the lost ones from two weeks ago. Not sure if fedex drop them off or whoever got them drop them off.

i been complaining to fedex both via phone and FB about this issue. maybe it worked, but i can't be sure who dropped them off. will call the company that is sending the replacement and tell them i got them

With the increasing prevalence of two legged varmints stealing packages more and more people are having packages sent to locations like Walmart for example.

Porch pirates are rampant in my area

If there were any concrete stores left you could go there and buy stuff like the good old days.
Problem Solved.

Stop buying garbage from Preston Jorgensen - builder of illegal monopoly and ruiner of life as we knew it.

As a fun note, I tried buying some high end audiophile stuff from On line from Audio Advisor

and it would always get to my house damaged.

In the 90's I had a $1700.00 belt drive CD transport shipment arrive hanging out of the double box.

I was at work and my wife "accepted" the package.

I returned it for reason " did not fit my needs"

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Did you ask for it to be "signature required"? That would deter any theif driver, or mis-delivery to the wrong person.

Show us an online shopping system that allows customers to pick this ?

I'll repeat this again: It is the shipper's responsibility to ensure delivery to you, not yours. They contract with the shipping company, not you, so make them resolve it. They can choose to require a signature delivery option but that costs extra, so how many vendors do this ? Very, very few....

OP said he talked to the supplier. If you talk to them you can ask for signature required if that's what you want to help insure proper delivery.

And since it's the shippers responsibility to get it to you, some shippers will only ship with signature required - I've ran into that quite a few times.

I don't ever ship Fedex if I have a choice. One of the two FedEx guys that delivers to my office put our 40" TV at the very bottom of a bunch of other boxes. How stupid do you have to be to do that?

This happened to me they told me to wait about a week then call back and I guess they were going to refund my money after that. They dropped it off at a neighbors house and I finally found out when he came home like 4 days later.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
This happened to me they told me to wait about a week then call back and I guess they were going to refund my money after that. They dropped it off at a neighbors house and I finally found out when he came home like 4 days later.

How odd, the one time Fedex told me the package had been delivered (but it wasn't) they were able to tell from the GPS stamp that it had been mistakenly delivered to a house in a nearby subdivision. They said they would pick it up and have it re-delivered, but about an hour later the owner from the house brought it over. So it's strange they didn't know where it had been actually dropped off.

I've had enough late or lost packages when using FedEx that I go out of my way to use UPS when at all possible. I use USPS as a backup but they aren't really much better than FedEx, especially with larger packages.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman

How odd, the one time Fedex told me the package had been delivered (but it wasn't) they were able to tell from the GPS stamp that it had been mistakenly delivered to a house in a nearby subdivision. They said they would pick it up and have it re-delivered, but about an hour later the owner from the house brought it over. So it's strange they didn't know where it had been actually dropped off.

The more perplexing question is: "Why didn't the FedEx driver use his GPS system to go to the correct address in the first place?"

I mean is delivering packages that hard when a GPS tells the guy the address to deliver to, and all the guy has to do is verify he's on the right street and taking the package to the house number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back