fedex lost package . how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WhyMe
if its is truly lost , how should i handle this. i am going to call the shippper in the morning

You don't. You contact the company that you bought the rotors from and make them handle it. You did not lose the packages. You did not contract with Fedex for delivery.

Let me repeat that: You don't. You contact the company that you bought the rotors from and make them handle it. You did not lose the packages. You did not contract with Fedex for delivery.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Nothing is preventing a lazy delivery driver from marking everything as being delivered, then stealing or tossing the packages. As far as the delivery company, if it's marked as being delivered, it was delivered unless you prove otherwise, or a lot of other people make the same complaint.

That is 100% not true. I have a friend who delivers for UPS and it's the shippers responsibility and not yours unless the pkg was signed for. The responsibility is on the seller/shipper to prove you got it, not the other way around.

Don't take my word for it... Google the topic.

You're exactly right. I wish people would stop repeating this nonsense. Worse is when some companies attempt to pawn off this responsibility on the buyer and many buyers fall for it, thinking they have no option. Here's a magic phrase that will motivate the seller: "Let me call my credit card company to ask them about this". See how fast they change their tune then !!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
That's why I like the current Amazon method they take a picture of the item delivered on your step or where they put it.

And they ring the doorbell. At least that's what has happened to be twice this week.

If a package is delivered to the wrong address, unless the party that it was delivered to calls and reports it to the shipping company and requests a pickup or personally brings the package to you, it is gone. The shipping company, ALL of them, will NOT go back and recover the package. Don't bother calling the shipping company, they will not help you, you will need to contact the shipper, THEY will need to contact the shipping company and report it lost..

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Nothing is preventing a lazy delivery driver from marking everything as being delivered, then stealing or tossing the packages. As far as the delivery company, if it's marked as being delivered, it was delivered unless you prove otherwise, or a lot of other people make the same complaint.

I am sure FEDEX has GPS units on their trucks. With the GPS system we had setup on our fleet, we could research the "bread crumb" trail of where the truck was any particular day to the minute, or we could track the truck "live", maybe a 2 minute delay from data going out cellular, to the servers and then seeing the truck on your screen.

We used the system on over 1400 trucks to track:
Idling time
Hard acceleration
Hard braking
Hard turns
Fuel economy

All of this rolled into a dashboard that reported on drivers exceeding threshold numbers.
And if truck was in a collision, data was sliced to the 100th of a second to be able to reconstruct the event.

Originally Posted by Danno
I am sure FEDEX has GPS units on their trucks. With the GPS system we had setup on our fleet, we could research the "bread crumb" trail of where the truck was any particular day to the minute, or we could track the truck "live", maybe a 2 minute delay from data going out cellular, to the servers and then seeing the truck on your screen.

Negative. As said before Home/Ground is delivered by contractors that the vans are owned by the contracting company. Now if that contracting company is monitoring them for their own use, but FedEx is not. I do not know if the scanner is GPS enabled (nor could I really confirm/say anything about it)...

update: call the company and they are sending out another shipment. i asked if they could use another carrier and they said fedex home was all they use. if the same thing happens to this package as the previous 3 then there is definately something wrong

Neighbor across the street brought the lost FedEx package over this morning. Driver dropped it at the wrong address.

Had two packages delivered to my dad's address. The package from Fedex was delivered but no sign of the one from UPS even though it said it was delivered. It's hilarious that it's the exact opposite of what happens at my house! Never a issue with UPS but Fedex always delivers to the wrong house. Mom did say she watched the UPS truck drive by. I'm going to email the seller in a bit. With the Fedex messed up the seller was on it, lets just say the next package was delivered correctly.

last year, I had a car part I shipped to a customer get lost and fedex sent me a check for $125 since I had a "declared value' on it

It took like 6 freaking weeks with all BS red tape and someone a FEX claims not doing their job

Dave

My driveway & gate camera caught them tossing packages out while driving at speed!

I sent the frame shots to FedEx... (along with the tracking number of what was delivered that day)

They sent a lame half-donkey apology.... that was all I got from them

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Linctex
My driveway & gate camera caught them tossing packages out while driving at speed!

I sent the frame shots to FedEx... (along with the tracking number of what was delivered that day)

They sent a lame half-donkey apology.... that was all I got from them

[Linked Image]

Send the frame shots to your local TV station and see what happens.

Originally Posted by LazyDog
I had 2 incidents w/ FedEx lately. Last month, the items where deliver to a house w/ same address but different street: 3 blocks down.

Happens in my neighborhood too. Guess these UPS and FedEx guys never look at their GPS or the street signs to see what street they're on. First house they see with the matching house number gets the package.
crazy.gif

update: call the company and they are sending out another shipment. i asked if they could use another carrier and they said fedex home was all they use. if the same thing happens to this package as the previous 3 then there is definately something wrong

Did you ask for it to be "signature required"? That would deter any theif driver, or mis-delivery to the wrong person.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Did you ask for it to be "signature required"? That would deter any theif driver, or mis-delivery to the wrong person.

Almost impossible these days, where most households have husband and wife both working. Only way to accomplish that task is for the household to pick-up the package (with signature) at the shipper's depot.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Show us an online shopping system that allows customers to pick this ?

I'll repeat this again: It is the shipper's responsibility to ensure delivery to you, not yours. They contract with the shipping company, not you, so make them resolve it. They can choose to require a signature delivery option but that costs extra, so how many vendors do this ? Very, very few....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back