FebiBilstein Parts

Greetings-
anyone care to share their experiences/opinions regarding FebiBilstein replacement parts? Good Bad?

Notorious re-boxer for Mercedes parts, some good and some bad. I would never use them for important things like ball joints or fan clutches. Lots of junky chinese stuff, as well as some good, but not worth the risk IMO

What is the intended use and part?

Trash, ditto ÃœRO, Meyle, REIN and a few others. Using these parts can make the car go very unreliable in the not too distant future.

Thanks Guys-
I know I can trust your opinions.

Ignition switch (partial) for a Porsche. OE is about $88 on from line parts purveyor- who knows how much at dealer. The Febi part is $12. I can get Intermotor (SMP) for $35 from Rock. I have had good luck with the Intermotor stuff

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
Lemforder makes high quality stuff. Better than the others.

Scott

01.gif

They're my go-to for MB parts for my sig CLK430

Originally Posted by Trav
Trash, ditto ÃœRO, Meyle, REIN and a few others. Using these parts can make the car go very unreliable in the not too distant future.

Curious why REIN is put in that group, since it seems that CRP has shifted their cooling system parts catalog to that brand, and they've always been a solid way to get Conti hoses without paying double for OE.

Lemforder is OE quality, but Ive never had an issue with Febi Meyle HD, Rein etc. URO is definitely on the low end of that spectrum. Have had a euro repair shop for 10 years now. Most Febi I see are made in Turkey Spain or Germany.

Originally Posted by Trav

01.gif

Lemforder is a good brand you can trust.

Ledforder or OE is all my mechanic will install. I've had excellent results with Lemforder on my 240s.

My go to parts for the 240: OE, Nissens, Lemforder, Corteco, Wahler, Sachs, Ate, Bosch, NGK, NTK, HEPU, Gates belts and hoses

No FebiBilstein, Elring.

Last edited:
Not all parts from those companies are junk but like Dorman they rebox a lot of junk, their may be a few gems in the bunch but you have to know what they are. Generally you wont find any of those parts in any Euro car I own or repair with very few exceptions. Rein is on the edge, nothing I would buy if there was a solid alternative.

Lemforderer, Corteco, Sachs, Elring, Pierburg, Graf, Laso, and many others are generally good reliable aftermarket parts, once you go down the junk parts road with some Euro cars its hard to do a U turn. So many other things can be effected the problems seem to multiply like nobodies business. When in doubt OE if available.

Originally Posted by Sam_Julier
Ledforder or OE is all my mechanic will install. I've had excellent results with Lemforder on my 240s.

My go to parts for the 240: OE, Nissens, Lemforder, Corteco, Wahler, Sachs, Ate, Bosch, NGK, NTK, HEPU, Gates belts and hoses

No FebiBilstein, Elring.

Problems with ElringKlinger gaskets Sam?
They are the OE supplier for many Euro manufactures, I cant say I have heard of or having any problems with them myself . You do need to make sure it has the correct hologram and authentication.

Last edited:
Back