Favourite borescope/inspection camera Fall 2021

Starting fresh since similar threads I found via search are years old and things are changing fast with wifi/apps/image quality etc....

I'm in the market for a reasonable borescope / inspection camera for a DIYer. I heavily suspect I'm going to find uses for this thing that I haven't yet thought of. Phones in the household are Apple iOS with an iPad around too. I have a Windows PC that I use when working on the car with various tools installed. I'd like something with a light obviously. I'd like some rigidity in the line instead of just being limp. I like the idea of add ons with magnets and hooks.

It doesn't have to be bottom basement in price since as I said I'll probably end up using this more than I initially think. I also don't need a snap on tool with it's own display. I suppose a gotcha might be my mistrust for anything which sends your data offshore etc... instead of using local connection and trustworthy apps.

Thoughts? Ideas? Discussion?

I was at dentist having a cleaning and was wondering why the dentist does not have one to avoid having to use a mirror But I assume they are pretty skilled at using the mirror. Then there is all the spit.

Check Amazon.
I bought one about 3 years ago - brand was Depstech.
Works ok, but I don't use it too much.
That brand seems to still be around and popular, so at least its not some fly by night brand. For whatever that is worth.

I was at dentist having a cleaning and was wondering why the dentist does not have one to avoid having to use a mirror But I assume they are pretty skilled at using the mirror. Then there is all the spit.
Actually dentists use cameras a LOT these days. They will show you any damage on a TV screen in front of you if you wish to pre-approve the work, or see why the repairs will be $1000!
My dentist uses a computer with a camera to model say a replacement cap, before and after the removal of the "bad" stuff. This info goes directly into a CNC machine loaded with a ceramic blank. 20 minutes later, here is you new tooth!
No longer a need for those choking impressions. His assistant can even maniplulate the image a bit to avoid tight spots if needed...all before the new tooth is made.

I bought one off ebay about 4 years ago. About $5 and worth it's weight in gold !

The fine line is a micro hole in a pipe..

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_092553.jpg
    IMG_20190223_092553.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 23
I ordered last week Amazon $17. Can’t get it to work so returning it today. Going to get an all in one that comes ready to use, or maybe none at all. I liked the small end size but it should be plug and play. It said no iphone but can use macbook. Nope, not without half a day looking for answers, and still can’t get it to work. Same with my pc laptop, not spending anymore time on it. All in oneimage.jpgimage.jpg should be more secure it seems.

I bought this a couple of weeks ago for HVAC work :

It was fine.

Back