Factory 5W/30 - '04 350Z - 1248 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although this is my first oil analysis, I figured I'd trend the whole life of the of the car. So here is the oil analysis for an '04 350Z, with the 5W/30 (so says Blackstone) that came from the factory, during the break-in period.
 -

It'll be interesting to track the UOAs on this car from this point on, are you planning on doing UOAs with every interval? What oil and filter are you using now?

Patman-

I'm planning on doing a UOA with every oil change I do. Right now, I'm using Chevron Supreme 10W/30 and an OEM filter (Nissan part 15208-65F00). I plan on using this combination for a while and then maybe switching to a synthetic sometime down the road.

So, does the "sand casted parts" validate that it is good to change the oil early on a new vehicle. I called four dealers on my new chrysler and got four different answers. Could the silicon actually help break in?

Early changes vs. regular interval is giving me fits!!!!!

Coalrabbit, Good thing you dumped the factory fill when you did...the add pack is mediocre at best. When was the last time we've seen an oil with such low calcium and no magnesium to balance things out??

One thing I'm seeing is that the auto mfr's don't use good oil on the initial fill. Seemingly, whatever saves them a buck is the oil that's used.
thumbsdown.gif

I'm interested in seeing the long-term trend of seeing the Si and Cu drop off using your long-term strategy. Congrats on a the new car!!
cheers.gif

I have an 03 350Z and changed the oil and filter at 1200 miles and again at 4000 miles and plan on changing it through the dealer every 3000 miles. My dealer is a combination Chryler/Nissan dealership so they use Chryler oil which is made by Mobil it is a 5w30 weight. I figure that using a 3000 mile OCI I could use mineral oil and it wouldn't hurt the engine. I plan on going to Mobil 1 after the 60K mile engine drivetrain warranty is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back