Explain to me why Tesla stock tanked...broken glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just revealed their Tesla Cyber truck and Elon managed to break the "unbreakable" glass during the presentation. Stock was down 4%...

Why would a mishap at a PR launch move the stock? That Chevy "reliability study" commercial didn't affect GM stock If your investing in Tesla, you need to be looking at the product, not speculation, speculation of what? to fail?

Last edited:
Because the 'truck' looks like a Delorean had sex with one of the trucks from Mad Max and this was the outcome. Everyone thinks it's stupid or a joke.

My theory? Musk has lost it and is now just thinking "I'm super rich. Time to make the most outlandish and ludicrous thing I can and see if anyone will actually call me out on it"

Tesla is a zombie company that has failed to produce consistent profits and would most likely have long ago folded were it not for its ability to siphon funds from others via the carbon-credit scam. I would certainly not invest in them or buy any of their products.

Sorry dudes, this Cyber truck is for suburbia America. sorry it does not have "stadium" Ford headlights, no overrated Cummins diesel, and no place for your "rolling coal" stacks..... if that is what investors think, then let them sell and loose on the gains! Tesla is coming around and sure, the beginnings were rocky, but all new startups must learn lessons.

[edit] and the poster below is comparing this to a F-150? Um...no. That is not what Tesla is about! Tesla is NOT competing with gas powered machines. Electric is niche!

Last edited:
No one cares about the glass -

The truck is too severe and not what the market wanted - its what elon wanted.
The marked wanted a slicker powerful F150 replacement with new tricks - and maybe a range under tow and pull through charging strategy
Not a redesign of the truck concept by a guy thats probably never lived with one, nor an ATV from a guy thats never gone for a ride in the dunes.

This is the problem when you surround yourself with sycophants that refuse to challenge the leader does.

The market cant see this competing with the f150 and view it as a fringe purchase which wont grow the company as hoped.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Well, lots of them could not pass up on "breaking news" !

If the truck were cool the market would have jumped regardless.

He pulled off the sledgehammer routine and blew the glass one

None of this part of the show matters to the street

UD

Say you are an investor and have a choice of two companies. One option is Company F which sells $40 billion of cars in a quarter, has the most popular vehicle in N America, makes a profit of $1.5 billion per quarter on said cars, and pays it's investors a 6% dividend. Then there is Company T which sells 1/8 that amount of product, pays no dividend, and has only actually made a profit once or twice in its life. Which one are you going to invest your money in. Actually I think the best answer is none of the above. Cars are no longer a growth industry.

Slow day for the market. Investors did not like the initial Cybertruck reaction but this is a blip on the radar.
Recently TSLA has been at the high for the year, as has many Silicon Valley tech stocks.
They are all slightly down.

Tesla is an incredible company and is in a huge growth mode.
All the other car manufacturers are trying to build EVs and are far behind.
Is is normal, even correct for the company to not be profitable at this point.

Because my daughter's cardboard project looks the same as the cybertruck and people expect the new truck to look like Model 3 instead.

Originally Posted by Audios
Im convinced hes trolling us all and theres a nicer, sleeker truck coming.

I'm guess he is cutting corner on the styling because project is late, and he only got the working part working not the styling part. Hence the flat look.

Maybe the first 2 years will look like this and then an emergency refresh for the real deal.

Investors see the truck as a money-hole to develop, and it won't sell if its really that stupid.
Also, Ford's cheap price for the upcoming high-range Mustang Mach E, which looks like it will sell in high enough numbers, is telling investors that other car makers are catching up in the EV market space.

It's good advertising. They planned to have the glass break. You don't really think they would do a video if they didn't think it would help sell the trucks? It was all pre-planned. People are talking about it big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back