Estate Sale Find

Since my cousin has recently retired he likes to go to Estate Sales. He asked me if I wanted to go with him (Wednesday 7/28/2021).
We went up a very long driveway lined with huge Oak trees on each side almost all the way to the home. It was built like an old Plantation home. I was thinking to myself, "I won't be able to afford anything here."
Long story short, there were A LOT of firearms! I saw a 6.5" barrel Heritage Rough Rider .22 with the box, WMR cylinder, lock, and warranty card. It also came with a nice pistol bag. I offered them $50. We settled for $75.
I would have posted it last night, but it needed a good cleaning.

Attachments

• Heritage1.jpg
    Heritage1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Heritage2.jpg
    Heritage2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 86
Oh, what a great find OP. I love that! I'm pretty lucky when it comes to such things and have many tales. I'll share one.

About 5 years ago my then girlfriend and I were doing our Saturday garage sale circuit, and down the street from me was the first one. We drove by and nearly did not stop, but she wanted to go to it so we did. We poked around and nothing much of interest, and as we were about to leave, on a hunch and having seen the owners gun safe in the garage (a poor place to have it), I suggested they cover it with a bedsheet and asked if they were selling any guns.

The man of the house said he might have something, and returned with a cool solid wood box about the size of a medium moving box. I glanced in it to find 5 black powder guns in total, 2 revolver replicas and 3 dragoons. Some other reloading gear, several knives including a nice folder buck knife, a blade blank, and some other odds and ends. He said he'd take $15. Fifteen dollars! I carefully set the box down, paid the man, and had to contain my excitement and not skip back to the car. I'd have paid $15 for the empty box! Or knife! I ended up keeping the box and buck knife, and trading and selling away most of the rest of it for around $800 or so in value... I'm not into black powder, but did trade into a lot of modern ammo, magazines, and other stuff. It was a heck of a score! I've always been lucky that way.

Back