Erased...

July 18th,came home from work to find that the family had moved out during the day....no chance to represent myself to the kids...just gone, and an absolute disaster zone leftin their wake, including mcdonald's wrappers from their eating while moving, and kitty litter and cat-faeces on the floor where they took the litter trays.

Since then...I've been erased, less than 20 hours contact with the kids over 5 occasions...no picking upphonecalls, and returning texts...zilch.

rememerbed enough about me to make the child support claim (fair enough, they aremykids), but used the fact that I had provided "zero primary care" to benefit.

Most interaction with my kids in the last month has been a bill, with their name on it...framed it, as it's another life milestone.

Just a heads up gang, your life can change so quickly...

Anyway, It's Movember in Oz, where guys grow a Mo and raise money for mens health...I've cleared the dial,and am growing a Mo to raise money for men's mental health.

[Linked Image from cdn.movember.com]

Have raised $545 (Oz dollars) in 4 days, so do have a wide range of supporters ($150 is pledged against me growing the goatee back, LOL).

Anyone interested,I'll PM them the link (will approach the mods about posting the link directly).

Originally Posted by Shannow
July 18th,came home from work to find that the family had moved out during the day....no chance to represent myself to the kids...just gone, and an absolute disaster zone leftin their wake, including mcdonald's wrappers from their eating while moving, and kitty litter and cat-faeces on the floor where they took the litter trays.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Whatever happened to "Till death do us part"?

So common today that when things get the slightest bit difficult or strained people just up and leave! Disgraceful. I hope you get to see your children again soon!
I would imagine the court would force your wife to let you see them!

So sorry to hear this man.

Just remember you have many people thinking of you and wishing the best.

I hope you are getting some professional assistance adjusting to your bad situation. It's the manly thing to do.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care.

Shannow,

I am sorry to hear about your family. I wish you the best.

I have always enjoyed reading your posts on BITOG. Things will get better over time.

I hope to continue to see you here.

Frank

Whoa! Grow that thing back in a hurry will ya!

I'm kidding!

Had some idea about your situation from another thread or two and my heart breaks for you. You gotta know this is on her and not you. Surround yourself with friends and family you like and it will get better.

If your laws are anything like they are here in the States, men aren't good for much more than a source of revenue..at least in the eyes of the courts. Over the years I've literally spent close to $15k on court and attorneys fees trying to keep my ex from screwing me on support and from cutting the kids out of my life. It sucked at first but it gets better. You have to learn to dial back your expectations with respect to the kids and your relationship with them. It will never be the same but it doesn't totally have to suck either, just try and use the courts to secure your rights, whatever they may be in Oz, and relish every second you have with them. As hard as it has been at times missing my kids, I don't regret for one minute getting out of that relationship.

Therapy or support groups can be a tremendous help mate, by talking to people who've been down this road before..hang in there, it will get better, and don't do anything stupid.... (come on BITOG and vent if needed.. there's never a shortage of people to commiserate with here...)

Last edited:
Man i am sorry. I cannot imagine what that's like. Try as you are able to keep in touch with your children, say nothing negative about their mom to them, and just let them feel the love you have. Maybe not now, but one day they will see the truth, where ever it is.

Back