Erased...

Originally Posted by spasm3
Man i am sorry. I cannot imagine what that's like. Try as you are able to keep in touch with your children, say nothing negative about their mom to them, and just let them feel the love you have. Maybe not now, but one day they will see the truth, where ever it is.

That's a very important point. As much as I don't care for my ex, i can honestly say I've never spoken an ill word about her in front of my kids. They've never heard me bad mouth her.. and I believe that's a testament as to why I have such a great relationship with both my daughter and son. In fact my son has talked about coming to live with me once he turns 18, assuming of course he doesn't enlist (something he's talking about) or go off to college right after HS.

Last edited:
I knew that your wife and kids had moved out. I moved out when I separated from my wife and kids and I had some emotional issues. Hang in there. It gets better. Took me about 12 months. I have a great relationship with my kids now. Get legal counsel.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by spasm3
Man i am sorry. I cannot imagine what that's like. Try as you are able to keep in touch with your children, say nothing negative about their mom to them, and just let them feel the love you have. Maybe not now, but one day they will see the truth, where ever it is.

That's a very important point. As much as I don't care for my ex, i can honestly say I've never spoken an ill word about her in front of my kids. They've never heard me bad mouth her.. and I believe that's a testament as to why I have such a great relationship with both my daughter and son. In fact my son has talked about coming to live with me once he turns 18, assuming of course he doesn't enlist (something he's talking about) or go off to college right after HS.

Great great posts here ^^^^^^

My father did the direct opposite.... Was not helpful.

I'm sorry Shannow, but it will get better.

I'd share a picture of my moustache but I have more neckbeard than moustache, and nobody wants to see that!
lol.gif

Shannow, that is really tough to hear. I'm deeply sorry for what you're going through. I couldn't imagine life without my kids every day. Take care of yourself, buddy.

Obviously she is poisoning the kids about you. I went thru the same thing in the 90's. Ex tried to poison the kids about me. It was tough but I knew given time and patience, the kids would know that I wasn't a bad guy and loved them. They were teens. Be patient and fight for your right to see them. Don't say anything bad about their mom even if she is a c+++.

I'm so sorry to hear of this. Truly unfair to you and the kids.

I've been there.

It sucks.

If it's any help, my life now, and my relationship with my kids, is great.

Long, long road to get from where I was, where you are now, to where I am now.

You'll make it, I promise.

I have prayed for you, Shannow. Your life is getting better every day.

Watch with expectancy for breakthroughs in your life. They are on the way.

Blessings and prayers to you Shannow. Forty years ago this month, I was exactly where you're at now. The hurt is real but things will get better.

Considering a rescue dog ? … double meaning at this point in your life …
Hang in there mate …

Back