EPS light on when hot and parked under the sun

Hello,

I have a used 2006 Daihatsu Sirion 1000cc and the Electric Power Steering light comes on accompanied by a series of clicking noises when its very hot outside

When the EPS light comes on in order to make it functional again i have to turn the steering wheel while turning the car on, then it works reliably.

Also tested my battery with the Topdon ArtiBattery101 tester and its 98% charged 100% healthy and the battery its self is 400CCA which is more than then car needs.

I downloaded the service manual for the car and just bridged the 2 terminals as shown below:

image-png-107eeeacf5d9fd50661fcfda3edd720c.png

and got error codes 52 -55 - 57

image-png-07392db6207931d91e6cdbfd8e1b050d.png

Any ideas of what can I do, all the mechanics want to change the motor but my guess is that the computer module is the one overheating and failing the initial check when you try to start the car.

Electric power steering never went out while driving only when starting the car after being parked under the sun

Thank you

Codes look like 52 55 and 57. As the instructions say, and as with any system that throws codes, you should make a note of the present codes and then erase them. Drive until the problem reoccurs and / or the light comes on again, then see which code reoccurs first.

55 is the only one that is a hard failure and it indicates a problem with the module, not the motor. But code 52 (low input voltage) should be investigated as well, as bad input voltage to a computer tends to produce false codes.

Codes look like 52 55 and 57. As the instructions say, and as with any system that throws codes, you should make a note of the present codes and then erase them. Drive until the problem reoccurs and / or the light comes on again, then see which code reoccurs first.

55 is the only one that is a hard failure and it indicates a problem with the module, not the motor. But code 52 (low input voltage) should be investigated as well, as bad input voltage to a computer tends to produce false codes.
I have changed the EPS computer and the issue remains, also tested my battery with a battery tester and its fine. The issue appears only when its super hot outside and the car is parked under the sun. To get rid of the problem you turn the wheel left right while you turn the car on

Hello,

I have a used 2006 Daihatsu Sirion 1000cc and the Electric Power Steering light comes on accompanied by a series of clicking noises when its very hot outside

When the EPS light comes on in order to make it functional again i have to turn the steering wheel while turning the car on, then it works reliably.

Also tested my battery with the Topdon ArtiBattery101 tester and its 98% charged 100% healthy and the battery its self is 400CCA which is more than then car needs.

I downloaded the service manual for the car and just bridged the 2 terminals as shown below:

image-png-107eeeacf5d9fd50661fcfda3edd720c.png

and got error codes 52 -55 - 57

image-png-07392db6207931d91e6cdbfd8e1b050d.png

Any ideas of what can I do, all the mechanics want to change the motor but my guess is that the computer module is the one overheating and failing the initial check when you try to start the car.

Electric power steering never went out while driving only when starting the car after being parked under the sun

Thank you

Looks like you or someone with Similar issues posed on reddit. From the consensus it seems like a bad connection as the power steering is electric. One site mentioned a belt on the power steering needing to be tightened.

I have changed the EPS computer and the issue remains, also tested my battery with a battery tester and its fine

Looks like you or someone with Similar issues posed on reddit. From the consensus it seems like a bad connection as the power steering is electric. One site mentioned a belt on the power steering needing to be tightened.
Yes that was me on reddit EPS stands for Electric Power Steering so no belt there

Back