Eotech Vudu scopes

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Was recently introduced to these at my local gun store and I was thoroughly impressed. I currently own a traditional Eotech without any magnification and the 'red ring of death' for a reticle, which, while awesome for a shotgun, has limited utility on a rifle. Enter something with some magnification but still allows for rapid target acquisition and provides the flexibility of both the RROD and an actual mil/mil reticle/tracking.

https://www.eotechinc.com/precision-rifle-scopes/vudu-1-6x

I specifically handled the Vudu 1-6x, which to me, appears to be an almost a perfect match for something in an AR-style platform where you aren't going to be engaging beyond 100 yards.

Glass was absolutely crystal clear, turrets felt amazing; it was just generally an incredibly quality feeling piece of kit and left me quite impressed.

[Linked Image from bhphotovideo.com]

[Linked Image from recoilweb.com]

Dang ... it should be 100% quality for $1399.
eek.gif
I'm sure you can find it cheaper, but it's still pricey.

This could be a game changer..

As I get older, my eyesight has become.... a challenge.

I'm starting to explore more and more optics, i need to find something that works with me.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Originally Posted by Linctex
This could be a game changer..

As I get older, my eyesight has become.... a challenge.

I'm starting to explore more and more optics, i need to find something that works with me.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

You are quite welcome!

Originally Posted by claluja
Similar concept on steroids (may be my favorite optic)

Schmidt Bender 1-8x24 PM II ShortDot Dual CC MDR 1cm ccw ST LT MTC / ST LT ZC Riflescope 683-811-44E-K2-H2 For Sale | SHIPS FREE - EuroOptic.com
https://www.eurooptic.com/Schmidt-B...MDR-1cm-ccw-ST-LT-MTC-ST-LT-ZC-Rifl.aspx

Kinda, the Eotech is FFP, so the reticle changes with zoom, whilst the S&B offering is 2FP so you always have the full reticle in view. Somewhat different concepts. The PMII family is awesome BTW, I was seriously considering one for my CDX-33 but went with the Razor based on the recommendation of the rep from rifle manufacturer.

They've been out for years, but noone is using them, opting instead of other products. I have not read specifically, or heard specifically why, but it gives me a real pause. I am not a fan of Eotech's optics, from a quality standpoint, based on their Eotechs.

Originally Posted by Ws6
They've been out for years, but noone is using them, opting instead of other products. I have not read specifically, or heard specifically why, but it gives me a real pause. I am not a fan of Eotech's optics, from a quality standpoint, based on their Eotechs.

Hopefully someone else is building the scopes for EoTech.

BSW

Originally Posted by bsmithwins
Originally Posted by Ws6

BSW

It's made in Japan if that helps? Similar to my Vortex Razor HD Gen II, Nightforce...etc.

I don't know who EoTech had building their reflex sights.

BSW

I was under the impression they were building them themselves?

https://www.eotechinc.com/company

Originally Posted by Eotech
EOTech moved to a larger facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in 2007. That year, the company also obtained ISO 9001:2000 registration.

A period of rapid growth followed. The company continually made new product introductions and increased production capacity in its new facility to match growing demand:

Originally Posted by Ws6
I am not a fan of Eotech's optics, from a quality standpoint, based on their Eotechs.

BSW

Why is that? I believe much about the EoTech parallax was debunked when compared to other "tactical darlings"....

See: https://www.greeneyetactical.com/2017/07/27/comparative-study-of-red-dot-sight-parallax/

[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

[Linked Image from i2.wp.com]

Not putting this to hijack OP's thread, but rather because the EOTech I feel is a good optic, and for some, the flip up 3x G33 could be a good option too. So someone coming here would be well advised to consider that if 3x is sufficient for them. I doubt most folks would miss 3x vs 4x, which seems to be typical for the 1-n scopes.

https://www.eotechinc.com/holographic-weapon-sights/model-g33-magnifier

I own an EXPS-2 and am very pleased with it for close quarters use. Currently on an M4, but at some point Ill likely buy a Mk18-like, probably "other" SBF. For close-in shooting, I prefer my EXPS-2 to my Aimpoint PRO.

For longer range (e.g. on my Sig 716), Im personally looking at something like the Vudu, or else perhaps a 5x prism optic. Either I think Id put on a LaRue Tactical QD mount, so that I had a trustworthy, repeatable zero, and can swap back to my BUIS when desired.

Back