Engine Restorer = Glittery oil?

Hey guys, just wondering for those who use or have used Engine Restorer, does it seem to leak a metallic copperish look to the used oil? Usually like a very fine and uniform look, not big chunks and flakes. Also, what if you copper sprayed head gaskets? Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah. I cant recommend Restore. Seems to clog oil filters and is a tad hard on softer metals. Does it look like glitter paint of two colours not mixed in a cup? I think thats it characteristic.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mainia
Well............... Please give a review on if it worked and what did it change if any?

Well it's been known to raise compression in cylinders. However I'm not a fan out how it looks in the oil. I did notice a couple pounds less of oil pressure with it so maybe it does slightly clogged filters. I won't be using it again plus now I'm running Red Line.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Yeah. I cant recommend Restore. Seems to clog oil filters.

Seriously? When / where did this "seem" to have happened? I have read a lot about the product and have never ran across a mention of this before. In fact, they say its specifically designed with particles that are significantly smaller than the pores in the media of all filters. I would also think that both Restore and Rilsone would both have a ton of lawsuits if their products were clogging filters and starving engines of oil.

Restore is a proven product that is beneficial to high mileage engines. I have used it every other oil change when I reach 150K miles. When used as directed its totally safe.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by Marco620
Yeah. I cant recommend Restore. Seems to clog oil filters.

Seriously? When / where did this "seem" to have happened? I have read a lot about the product and have never ran across a mention of this before. In fact, they say its specifically designed with particles that are significantly smaller than the pores in the media of all filters. I would also think that both Restore and Rilsone would both have a ton of lawsuits if their products were clogging filters and starving engines of oil.

Restore is a proven product that is beneficial to high mileage engines. I have used it every other oil change when I reach 150K miles. When used as directed its totally safe.

Well I never claimed any clogged oil filter issues but since you say you've used it, have you noticed how the used oil looks after using engine restore?

Originally Posted by nastyc5

Well I never claimed any clogged oil filter issues but since you say you've used it, have you noticed how the used oil looks after using engine restore?

I do look, and I can never tell any difference in the oils appearance at all, and I have used it for years.

Now I'm wondering if that color is due to water. I just installed a cylinder head and used copper spray on the gasket.

If I may

Exactly what has been "proven" and what organization/testing was used to "prove" it and where can this proof be independently reviewed?

What "benefits" have been documented and how were they ascertained and measured?

Thank you

Yes it looks like silver and copper metallic flakes in the oil. I never used the stuff, however I did see it in drain pans over years. A few people I know claim it works.

It seemed to improve compression but the effect seems over once you drain the oil so it seems like you need to use it full time...

Originally Posted by dogememe
It seemed to improve compression but the effect seems over once you drain the oil so it seems like you need to use it full time...

It's full of soft metals that temporarily fill in scratches, scars and voids in metal which would increase compression. It is NOT, despite advocacy to the contrary, a long-term maintenance product for high mileage engines, it's a product designed specifically to bandaide damaged engines and provides zero value in an engine that is mechanically sound, regardless of mileage.

Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR

If I may

Exactly what has been "proven" and what organization/testing was used to "prove" it and where can this proof be independently reviewed?

What "benefits" have been documented and how were they ascertained and measured?

Thank you

Compression restoration was indeed measured...by the consumers themselves. Restore had so much confidence in their product they once gave out compression gagues with the purchase so the consumer to see for hisself. There are also YouTube videos, and Project Farm in particular endorsed it. Its been quantified.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

It's full of soft metals that temporarily fill in scratches, scars and voids in metal which would increase compression. It is NOT, despite advocacy to the contrary, a long-term maintenance product for high mileage engines, it's a product designed specifically to bandaide damaged engines and provides zero value in an engine that is mechanically sound, regardless of mileage.

Its not designed for "damaged engines" nothing out of a can can fix that, and Restore does not claim that at all.
Its is for worn engines. A 250K mile engine may very well be "mechanically sound" but worn. For example my roof is 15 years old, but no leaks at all. It is "mechanically sound" but is worn. Not hard to understand this.

If its temporary, then why wouldn't it be added at each change? Thats exactly the instructions it gives. Can you explain how a product that "increase compression" (your own words) is NOT beneficial?

Back