Engine Restorer = Glittery oil?

Used this on a old 76 jeep with a 258 engine back in the late 80's when I was much younger. Well the Oberg filter I had on the jeep immediately went into bypass because it filtered out the all the particles in the additive bigger than 15 microns. Lesson learned
Not all that surprising. This product has been around for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it clogs up some of the better filters in use today, even more than it did in the 80's when you used it.

I tried it once in my worn 305. I didn't notice any benefit. Probably because all the wear is in the valve seals and top end. I eventually did a compression test and it was 145-155psi (close to factory spec). I won't be using it again especially considering the price.

Originally Posted by John_Conrad
https://www.restoreusa.com/faq/engine-restorer-faq

on the restoreusa faq page, they say particle size is on average div>

Okay so they have reduced particle size to about 8 microns since the patent was filed..

It is still not needed in an engine unless it is a bad smoker and gasping its last breath.
Do you think these particles would do any damage to gear teeth? Thinking of trying this in an old forklift. Too many projects to do an overhaul now.

Back