Engine Bay Cleaning

i have to clean this mess, but cables plugs, spark plugs cables & sensors aren't isolated enough to hold water drizzle or any oil based degreaser.

so, any suggestions to make this bay looks nice without risking plus & sensors to get affected?

Attachments

• 117591988_10163444199630538_4795668753569134332_o.jpg
    117591988_10163444199630538_4795668753569134332_o.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 111
100% straight simple green. Apply with a quart plastic pump up garden sprayer. Rinse off with water from a garden bug sprayer; the kind you pump by hand to pressurize.

i have to clean this mess, but cables plugs, spark plugs cables & sensors aren't isolated enough to hold water drizzle or any oil based degreaser.

so, any suggestions to make this bay looks nice without risking plus & sensors to get affected?

Simple green Aircraft, it will not attack aluminum. Spray it on a cold engine and let it sit for about an hour, wet it again and use a soft bristle brush go agitate it then rinse with low pressure. I like to let it dry out overnight.

Use a regular spray bottle or one of these.

If that were my car, I'd use any off-the-shelf engine degreaser and go to town with a pressure washer.

I know some folks are leery of pressure washing under the hood, I don't think its a problem if you do it with care on a cold engine, and go for a 10-15 minute drive afterward.

We used to use Turtle Wax Zip Wax packets for that. I just see dirt/dust and no grease. Zip wax leaves a nice shine on the plastic parts.
Just a hose, no pressure washer needed.
Apply it however you like, a tick mix in a garden sprayer will work. Even an old hand spray bottle will work. let it soak a bit, spray off.
I've even used 409 or something similar.

We used to use Turtle Wax Zip Wax packets for that. I just see dirt/dust and no grease. Zip wax leaves a nice shine on the plastic parts.
Just a hose, no pressure washer needed.
Apply it however you like, a tick mix in a garden sprayer will work. Even an old hand spray bottle will work. let it soak a bit, spray off.
I've even used 409 or something similar.
love zip wax used it for over 50 years

The OP lives in Egypt so are Simple Green or Zip Wax even an option?

It mostly just looks like dirt, so it should be easy to clean. Hose it off without a sprayer, spray any soapy cleaner and then agitate with a soft brush, rinse, and then use an air blower to dry it off. Shouldn't hurt any of the electronics.

Back