eljefino - is that you in the Phillipines ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Nah, I'm not that bald... or tan.

Obligatory crack at it:

Some people run air in their tires, some run nitrogen. eljefino runs a carbon monoxide fill!

Love the background noise in the video. Yep, that is the Philippines nothing but constant noise. Between 1988-2008 I made 53 trips over there and ended up getting married to a Filipina, in 2003, who grew up way out in a province. These types of gonzo repairs happen all day long. Given that most traffic rarely moves at more than 25 mph, except on the few expressways, this repair won't be a problem. Now if you saw them do electrical that would really make your hair stand on the back of your neck.

Obligatory crack at it:

I like how you made sure to wear HF nitrile gloves. 'cuz that'll be worth something while playing with fire.

Heh, good vid. Did you leave the valve core in?

Originally Posted By: supton

Yes and that was my downfall. The fire consumed all the oxygen so when the gases cooled down the tire puckered up. Luckily the beads stayed seated.

What's funny is I'm sure the ether burned off in a second or so, so it was probably the oils on the tire surface that kept going for those long few extra seconds.

Originally Posted By: supton

Obligatory crack at it:

I like how you made sure to wear HF nitrile gloves. 'cuz that'll be worth something while playing with fire.

HEY, safety first.

He removed the bottle from next to the tire.
Also he jumped pretty dexterously when the fire puffed ...

Also I thought the video is 2-3 years old?

P.S. off topic:
My FIL tried like that the propane tanks connections all his life.
It worked until a defective valve...
After 15 years he still has the scars on his hands....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back