Ecogard Synthetic + S4651

Messages
2,072
Location
GoVols
Thread starter
Filter looks well made and probably one of the heavier filters in this size. Base plate is thick and the can is very stiff. Enjoy

EAA71712-C1E5-4F30-95B9-1C4AF029BB90.jpeg


6A089057-91F6-4410-8D23-A47B55D98F26.jpeg


DF07EA7C-DC1A-4992-A72B-A3DCAE13AB5B.jpeg


933AC3E9-59EA-4C2A-AACC-18F68D3A6473.jpeg


94DC3BAF-4EEA-4A48-B49B-D11B30551EE9.jpeg


715862B7-4D72-4171-9664-F2FA48CF49D5.jpeg


334999F4-A13F-470D-A8B1-30E38CCC3C58.jpeg


E7E11DF0-EAF6-467E-A74C-0AB9D125A2C4.jpeg
 
Messages
6,593
Location
Katy, Republic of Texas
looks similar to the one I cut open a few years ago (LINK). This one looks a little better inside the can, but mine was 4 years old when I cut it open, yours is only 2. If I could find them for $4 total again, I would use them all the time. I think they are equal to Mobil1 or Toughguard filters and are fine for up to 10,000 miles.
 
Messages
6,407
Location
Wet side WA
Originally Posted by blupupher
looks similar to the one I cut open a few years ago (LINK). This one looks a little better inside the can, but mine was 4 years old when I cut it open, yours is only 2. If I could find them for $4 total again, I would use them all the time. I think they are equal to Mobil1 or Toughguard filters and are fine for up to 10,000 miles.
97.5 efficiency at 20 microns.
 
Messages
3,116
Location
Outer Banks, NC
I have one on deck for my Infiniti in December. Some of the Ecogard synthetic filters are quite inexpensive on Amazon. Depends on the application. The "S" media certainly looks more sturdy than the Ecogard "X" media.
 
Messages
2,072
Location
GoVols
Thread starter
Yeah I bought two One to cut and post and another to use. My wife's Escape is due soon for an oil change
 
Messages
2,072
Location
GoVols
Thread starter
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Looks like a good filter. Thank You for c&p smile
Very very welcome sir !👍
 
Messages
5,401
Location
KC
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
97.5 efficiency at 20 microns.
Did that come directly from ecogard customer support? The number varies by filter model. Some models are over 99.9% at 20um.
 
Messages
6,593
Location
Katy, Republic of Texas
Originally Posted by badtlc
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
97.5 efficiency at 20 microns.
Did that come directly from ecogard customer support? The number varies by filter model. Some models are over 99.9% at 20um.
The e-mail I got from them said the S4651 is 97.22 @ 20 microns, the box says 99.9% @ 25 microns per ISO 4548-12 testing. [Linked Image from bobistheoilguy.com] [Linked Image from bobistheoilguy.com] I have seen different numbers for different filter numbers.
 
Messages
24,086
Location
PNW
Originally Posted by blupupher
The e-mail I got from them said the S4651 is 97.22 @ 20 microns, the box says 99.9% @ 25 microns per ISO 4548-12 testing.
Those look to basically be on the same efficiency vs particle size graph line.
 
Top