Ecogard S4477

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone used this filter in the past? I emailed Ecogard for the specs and this is what i received:
Height: 3.66in
Length: 2.68in
Width: 2.68in
Thread Size: 3/4"-16UNF-2B
Anti Drain Back Valve: Yes
Bypass Relief Valve: Yes - Opening Pressure 15psi
Filter Media: Synthetic Blend
Filter Effeciency: 99.8% @ 20 microns.

Do I need to be concerned about the Bypass Relief Pressure? I noticed the WIX recommended for my car(2012 Suzuki SX4 AWD) is rated at 18PSI.

The Fram equivalent (4386) is at 14 PSI.
I would not worry about it all that much. There are quite a few filters that give a 4-5 psi range for the bypass.

I see it is less than $5 on Amazon right now, not a bad price for one.
They are about on par with a Fram Tough Guard or Mobil 1 and such (synthetic blend media, nitrile ADV).
I have used them before and would use one again at that price (but they are $9 for my applications at the moment).

The S5848 10k filter is about $8 for mine. Cheaper than the M1, Purolator or Fram Ultra for my app. I only do 4k oci's so I just go with a Wix, Fram Extra Guard, Champ Labs or even the Ecogard conventional.

The OE M+H for Hyundai are my "preferred" when I can find a good price on them.

To the OP: welcome to you, and I wouldn't fret about that small pressure difference.

Originally Posted by blupupher
The Fram equivalent (4386) is at 14 PSI.
I would not worry about it all that much. There are quite a few filters that give a 4-5 psi range for the bypass.

I see it is less than $5 on Amazon right now, not a bad price for one.
They are about on par with a Fram Tough Guard or Mobil 1 and such (synthetic blend media, nitrile ADV).
I have used them before and would use one again at that price (but they are $9 for my applications at the moment).

Correction: the S series has a silicone ADBV. The X series has a nitrile one. The S series at $5 is a good value.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz

Correction: the S series has a silicone ADBV. The X series has a nitrile one. The S series at $5 is a good value.

33.gif
I knew that. thanks for correcting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back