E-core super tech vs Fram orange can 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok sports fans...cast your vote

10k oci and you can pick either filter (those who say neither need not respond...I know there are better filters) Both rated to 10k by the mfgr these days.

Supertech e-core 3614 ($2.98)
Fram OCO-D 3614 ($3.88)

P.S I've no issue with either and use both just curious what everyone thinks of these two bottom feeders

Last edited:
For sure the Fram. Silicone valve and steel center.

Don't know about the whole 10k thing though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Doublehaul

10k oci and you can pick either filter (those who say neither need not respond...I know there are better filters) Both rated to 10k by the mfgr these days.

Fram OCO-D 3614 ($3.88)

P.S I've no issue with either and use both just curious what everyone thinks of these two bottom feeders

FRAM ULTRA.

Originally Posted by 69Torino
For sure the Fram. Silicone valve and steel center.

Don't know about the whole 10k thing though.

I've run both to 10k with no issue many a time fwiw but it takes me only 3 months to do it

Flip a coin, but the EG has a little better efficiency and a silicone ADBV.

I would say the Fram due to the silicone ADV, as well as many of the Supertech having combo valves.

Now it it was between the Supertech 9688 (traditional metal center tube, dome end bypass, but nitrile ADV) and Fram 9688, well, I would (and have) chosen the Supertech (about to use it for a ~7500 mile interval on my sisters SUV).

They both have about the same filter efficiency if I had to pick one it would be the ST only reason it won the price war their a push.

Maybe Ive never paid attention, but since when have ST filters had mileage ratings? I know some of the higher end filters have always been designed for extended drains, but Id never thought an ST to be a candidate for a 10k OCI. Im an ST fan...been using them for years. Someone edumucate me.

Originally Posted by N Heat
Maybe Ive never paid attention, but since when have ST filters had mileage ratings? I know some of the higher end filters have always been designed for extended drains, but Id never thought an ST to be a candidate for a 10k OCI. Im an ST fan...been using them for years. Someone edumucate me.

It's marked right on the front of the box

Flip a coin. Fram may have the slight edge because of the silicon ADBV for 10k.

Fram OCO-D 3614 ($3.88)

Easy decision
Obviously makes sense to go with the silicone ADBV provider..... Fram EG.
BTW..... my wife's former Malibu wore a Supertech 10K recently for almost 9K with no cold startup issues. It's a horizontal angle mount too.

I've always thought the e core comes out looking great with no wavy pleats whereas depending on the Extra Guard p/n it's a bit of a gamble.

If you value a silicone ADBV during the winter months, I'd get the Fram. If you don't feel the need and/ or it doesn't matter to you, get the e core.

Originally Posted by N Heat

It's marked right on the front of the box

Oh Ok. I guess I just never paid attention to the box much except for finding the part no. I immediately open the box to make sure the right filter is in there. What happens to filter design to make it go from just another filter to suitable for 10k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back