Driven 15W-40 Diesel Break in oil

break in oil is required for the first 50 hours on my gensets. This is the oil I am using.

I961649-ONLINE18580000-001.jpg

This is just me, but I would think twice about using an oil with a TBN of just 1.6 in an application that’s known to add fuel to the oil… plus there’s essentially zero detergents to keep things from ending up as deposits in your new genset. JMHO, there are much better oils for the task you seek. Amsoil Small Engine would seem to be better suited unless you’re changing that Driven oil every 10 hours or less…

This is just me, but I would think twice about using an oil with a TBN of just 1.6 in an application that’s known to add fuel to the oil… plus there’s essentially zero detergents to keep things from ending up as deposits in your new genset. JMHO, there are much better oils for the task you seek. Amsoil Small Engine would seem to be better suited unless you’re changing that Driven oil every 10 hours or less…
It's exactly what the engine manufacturer wants. Low detergent and high zinc and phosphorus for the first 50 hours. Then switch to regular hdeo.

These engines are not known dilute. Old school style injection , very basic.

Back