Don't see these every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Beautiful car on borrowed time. Wonder what parts availability is?
[Linked Image]

Fisker

after fisker first went under, there was a company that bought the unused bodies, and was fitting them with Corvette drivelines...
if memory serves correct...

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I've heard these are being bought and modified with gas engines.

Yes they are. It is an interesting loophole in California emssions law. They are obviously exempt since they are electric, so the state never thinks to request an inspection even if they were modified. People do the same with older diesels, put something that actually makes power like a 460 instead of a 6.9L.

I wonder to what extent they raided the parts bin for that bad boy, how many components are shared with other vehicles? Sure, you can swap a new mill in easily but what about tie rod ends and ball joints? I assume it also has electric power steering, what happens when that needs to be fixed? Just get it rebuilt somewhere?

Spares have to be getting hard to find after five years, I wonder if they can be kept going?

I would think it would get treated like a kit car and they would try to make a Fox Body Mustang rack fit and with an LS motor dropped in there are eleventy billion accessory drive setups now. Control arms can be fabricated.

Last edited:
Leaving the gas station the other afternoon, i pulled into traffic right behind a Honda Beat, in all it's JDM RHD Kei Car goodness.! first of them i've seen in the wild...
little puff of blue as he shifted gears, then pulled into the local Honda Dealer. couldn't snap a pic as i was driving...I did try to give him a thumbs up in his rearview at the stop light, but i don't think he noticed.

[Linked Image]

not the actual car, just one of the pics from the Honda Beat Wikipedia page

Last edited:
I wish Honda would bring the S660 here! Just put the 1L engine in it and it would sell. I think it would be a surprise hit for them.
Would show that they are going back to their roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back