Does Costco ship Kirkland motor oil direct from factory?

I got in on the 2 x 5 quart jugs of Kirkland 0w20 for $24.99 including shipping deal Costco ran last week. The tracking information indicates it was shipped from Omaha, NE which l believe is where the oil manufacturer is located.
Most online orders from Costco l get originate from a huge Costco distribution center in my state. Is it possible that Costco sends all oil orders for the manufacturer to ship directly?

Costco has a store/warehouse in Omaha NE. Could be as simple as the distribution center near you (and others) didn't have it in stock or maybe they don't break pallets for onsie-twosie orders so they shipped it from a store.

Originally Posted by wdn
How did I not hear about that?!? Now it is $29.99 today.

I bought this deal today (1/21) at the local store (Indianapolis) 2 bottles of 5 quarts each in one box for 25 bucks.
5W30 "full synthetic" Dexos 1 Gen 2 spec.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wdn
How did I not hear about that?!? Now it is $29.99 today.

It was a 3 day sale, but it was posted somewhere on this site.

Originally Posted by 2000ltdken
How many days after you order did you get yours?
I ordered last Friday and am out in Southern California.

I also ordered on Friday. Mine has been shipped and is in transit. I won't be using it until April.

I bought this deal today (1/21) at the local store (Indianapolis) 2 bottles of 5 quarts each in one box for 25 bucks.
5W30 "full synthetic" Dexos 1 Gen 2 spec.[/quote]

All the stores seem to only have 5w30 in stock for $25. The other grades are online ordering only for $29.99, unless they have a sale like they did last week. Hopefully the product sells well enough for them to stock other grades in the stores.

https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsResultsDetail?accountId=-1&companyId=10297&resultsUrl=%2FDirectory%2FEolcsResults%3FaccountId%3D-1%26brandName%3Dkirkland
over 18 pages of brand names Warren makes.
Kirkland just one of dozens; also Meijer, Amazon, PepBoys, etc, etc, etc ...

Originally Posted by PimTac
Warren Distribution has more than one blending facility.

True, in fact I think it's 4 and I believe they even make their own bottles.

Mine came from Warren Distribution, Council Bluffs, IA.
Ordered Jan 16th, received Jan 21st. 5 days to Los Gatos, CA.

I just got in on the $25 deal.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
...and I believe they even make their own bottles.

Most facilities that "bottle" enough of an item is likely to make the bottles on-site. Almost all bottled water plants I know of make their own bottles. No doubt that Warren does the same.

Back