Do yall consider your ride(s) as an extension of your

I drive a hopped-up VW station wagon...not sure if that's my personality but I'll go with that. Practical. Quick. Unassuming. Stings you when you aren't expecting it....all while hauling my crap.
20200908_203502.jpg

Don’t mind him, he thinks anybody who doesn’t follow the exact letter of the law should be thrown in prison and have their drivers license burned in front of them with no hope of ever getting it back. He’s gone so far as to advocate harm/property damage against others for relatively minor things.

I probably should have left well enough alone, although his rants can be bizarrely entertaining.

Don’t mind him, he thinks anybody who doesn’t follow the exact letter of the law should be thrown in prison and have their drivers license burned in front of them with no hope of ever getting it back. He’s gone so far as to advocate harm/property damage against others for relatively minor things.
There is always that guy on forums....about headlights, speeding, you name it. Must be fun at parties.

I miss the 528e. Borman 6 Girl got to have soul. My body doesn't miss the amount of car crawling it took as it aged. The Fridge has more refinements and out performs the old BMW in every department but soul. The Camry is a transportation appliance. My Zojurushi bread machine has more soul

I drive a hopped-up VW station wagon...not sure if that's my personality but I'll go with that. Practical. Quick. Unassuming. Stings you when you aren't expecting it....all while hauling my crap.View attachment 29135

I always considered my Mazdaspeed 3 a wagon, but everyone called it a hatchback. In Britain a lot of sites refer to my Clubman as an estate(wagon) but I can’t say that I agree.

I miss the 528e. Borman 6 Girl got to have soul. My body doesn't miss the amount of car crawling it took as it aged. The Fridge has more refinements and out performs the old BMW in every department but soul. The Camry is a transportation appliance. My Zojurushi bread machine has more soul
I miss my E28 535is. It was one of my all-time favorite cars. It was quick enough to surprise a few people yet it was flexible enough to trundle around town in geezer mode.

This whole car/personality discussion is just like many other things in life; a good example being how someone takes care of their home. I prefer a well maintained, clean house with nicely manicured landscaping - which I do myself, no house cleaner or gardener. I like nice cars too - which I maintain, modify, and repair myself. And to top it off, I have four of them - 5K OCIs on the Honda, 3K OCIs on the others. I know, the horror! I have nice stuff and I take care of it. It is a reflection of my personality.

To each his own, so long as someone with an opposing point of view doesn't lecture me about what's "right".

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2067 2.jpeg
    IMG_2067 2.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Front Center 1.jpeg
    Front Center 1.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 15
  • Rear Center 2.jpeg
    Rear Center 2.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Try driving a Nissan Versa. Every time my wife and I have a brawl she refers to me as a sub-compact. I never thought too much about it.....until now🧐

Last edited:
I always considered my Mazdaspeed 3 a wagon, but everyone called it a hatchback. In Britain a lot of sites refer to my Clubman as an estate(wagon) but I can’t say that I agree.
It's a hatch all day but still a super-cool car.

I have? Remind me where I did that?

I would love to see some people have their license burned in front of them, but your overly dramatic exaggeration doesn't help your argument, more like it shows you don't have one and had to stretch. At the same time, man up and accept the consequences for your actions, yes if you break the law enough to get caught, there are penalties.

I do think people who drive wrecklessly enough to get that many points on their license, should have it temporarily taken away, or if they are an accident waiting to happen and a danger to other innocent people then why not try to save some lives? Automobile accidents aren't a theory, they're a real tragedy with a real death toll, usually the highest cause of death for kids 25 and younger. Apparently a lot of people feel this way, it's kinda how laws work.

There are good reasons to exercise civil disobedience. Having a dull life that you try to rectify by reckless driving on public roads isn't one of them.

Last edited:

I would love to see some people have their license burned in front of them, but your overly dramatic exaggeration doesn't help your argument, more like it shows you don't have one and had to stretch. At the same time, man up and accept the consequences for your actions, yes if you break the law enough to get caught, there are penalties.

I do think people who drive wrecklessly[sic] enough to get that many points on their license, should have it temporarily taken away, or if they are an accident waiting to happen and a danger to other innocent people then why not try to save some lives? Automobile accidents aren't a theory, they're a real tragedy with a real death toll, usually the highest cause of death for kids 25 and younger. Apparently a lot of people feel this way, it's kinda how laws work.

There are good reasons to exercise civil disobedience. Having a dull life that you try to rectify by reckless driving on public roads isn't one of them.

Aren't there some kids on your lawn that you need to yell at?

“When I see these blinding lights on the road, my thoughts drift more towards vigilante justice. You have been warned, that some random person, and I am not alone by any stretch, is getting really [censored] off at idiots who put this crap in their incan headlights then blind other drivers.”

I can no longer find your comment about using a baseball bat to smash out someone’s headlights, probably deleted 🤷‍♂️

Apparently I can't escape my checkered past. A few weeks ago a local business had a cruise night and I drove the Club Sport and displayed it. My son was visiting and also dropped by. While we were walking around checking out the cars I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in ages. I introduced my son and my friend asked me if I still had my M6. I told him no but that I wished I'd kept it.
He then turned to my son and said, "Did your dad ever tell you about the time he brought his M6 to the Dairy Queen to hang out with some of his old musclecar driving buddies? There had been a bad wreck and all the cops had left town to respond to it, so everybody started lining up and doing burnouts down Main Street. Your dad pulled the M6 up and a lot of guys were saying that 'That car can't do anything." and then your dad wound it up, dumped the clutch and did a burnout longer than anyone else."

“When I see these blinding lights on the road, my thoughts drift more towards vigilante justice. You have been warned, that some random person, and I am not alone by any stretch, is getting really [censored] off at idiots who put this crap in their incan headlights then blind other drivers.”

I can no longer find your comment about using a baseball bat to smash out someone’s headlights, probably deleted 🤷‍♂️
I'd wager most of the folks that blind me have factory lights...not the cheap HID or LED retrofits (but those suck too...big time). For the record...happily run LEDs in my reflectors and don't blind a soul. It's not that complicated - if the diode for the LED is the correct location to mimic the filament of the halogen bulb, it will work just fine. Never been flashed in my car with LED retrofits....but sure get flashed in my Atlas with factory LEDs (in reflector houses BTW). I get it - in my car low to the ground, the ass-clowns in the bro-dozers and 4Runers running HID kits blind the **** out of me. I just switch lanes or move my side-views to aim the light back in their eyes.

Which one is the factory LED and which is the aftermarket bulb in a halogen/reflector housing?

Atlas vs. GSW LEDs.jpg

I had a set of Diode Dynamics SL1’s in my 300, they pretty much matched the 9005’s perfectly. I preferred 9011 halogens to the SL1’s though.

Holy squirrel finders! I’m assuming that’s the Atlas on the right? No wonder you’re getting flashed!

I had a set of Diode Dynamics SL1’s in my 300, they pretty much matched the 9005’s perfectly. I preferred 9011 halogens to the SL1’s though.

Holy squirrel finders! I’m assuming that’s the Atlas on the right? No wonder you’re getting flashed!
Yes it is. But these are legal so therefore ok to blind folks in cars b/c DOT says these pass muster, the ones on the left that don't scatter light/blind anyone in my Sportwagen and help me see better are not ok according to the typical responses of the internet lighting police that are still stuck in 2005 w/r to crappy LED and HID retrofits. These folks typically have zero real-world experience with these kits but sure talk a good game and spew endless technical info etc. Buying a $50 set of LED bulbs from Amazon? Likelihood of scatter/glare is high. Buy a $150 set of bulbs designed for purpose? You get what you see in the pic on the left. I was on a mountain cruise earlier this year with a Volvo club (we may even have been speeding so that could be an issue here with those that get triggered). The dude behind me the whole time was running the typical crappy HID kit in reflector housings and even during the day, I couldn't look in my rear-view without melting my eyes....what I have is not anywhere remotely close to that (and neither are my Atlas's factory LEDs).

Last edited:
Back