Do I really need this resonator box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After driving it the past couple days, I can't notice any difference in sound or power, and I drive this car hard. Pretty happy that I saved about $80.

Thanks for the help guys.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Olas, jaw to the floor as your post flies right over my head.

I assume you are referring to the intake version of scavenging. Top Fuelers use this I think to actually pull air out of the headers.....much like an exhaust fan in a warehouse is 'better' than a regular blowing fan.

Also, two-strokes can tune the powerband by changing the expansion chamber so they can ride the fat part of the powerband (or the highest).

It is still kind of new tech-like twenty years old as n the early nineties they used alot of regular round air filters which did nothing to 'pressurize' the intake charge. Although, I think Japan has been at it for awhile since they were making small fours and us Americans were putting around in big, lazy V-8s.

Thanks! I wasn't trying to be overly techy, I just copied a couple of paragraphs from my college notes. But yeah it's kind of related to exhaust scavenging - google helmholtz resonance
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Top Fuelers use this I think to actually pull air out of the headers.....

Without going into specifics, every aspect of air and fuel flow through a blown-fuel engine is analyzed extensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back