Do cats like potato chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the next door neighbour's cats comes over occasionally and I let her in. I was having some potato chips and offered her some. Scarfed down a handful in 2 minutes. I thought cats only like meat.

Cats habituated to carbohydrates might touch that stuff, but most won't.

Of course cats that are heavy carbohydrate eaters tend to be obese and end up with diabetes. As they're even less set up for eating such than humans.

Originally Posted by Propflux01
I've got a cat that will fight you for a jalapeno cheeto

Haha that's so funny. My friend loves spicy food and was eating habanero chips, I think, and his cat tried eating one and loved it. He was so surprised

We have a cat that eats potato chip crumbs if we drop them. We only feed our cats cat food so I don't know how he got the taste.

I used to have a cat that would steal chunks of sweet potato off my plate when I was eating dinner. You never know.

Heck, I have a RABBIT that will try to eat the cat's WET food - straight up meat and fish bits - if we put it within reach of her.

My cat will eat pretty much anything. Always has, ever since he was a kitten. Potatoes, red meat, fruits and veggies, junk food. Whatever. I don't often give him any, but when I do he loses his mind!

We have a cat that likes popcorn, potato chips, Cheerios and peanuts. We've had several that likes corn on the cob.

I have 7, and like people, every one of them is different. One is crazy about parsley, another yogurt and cheese, one goes mental as soon as she starts smelling chicken or turkey cooking in the kitchen. One of them loves brown bread, another one loves chestnut and one of them goes wild over sashimi. The last one will eat absolutely anything.

I was told to never feed a neighbors cat. They can supposedly shun their owner and try to adopt the person feeding it.

I had a cat once that LOVED Honey Nut Cheerios. Also had a shop cat that would eat grape jelly. That was about the strangest thing I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back