I found a cool use for the scrap rubber impeller from my Ariens SS522. I cut some sections out of it for use as a "Clarence Kit" for my two stage 7hp/24" machine. The 24" has a 3-bladed impeller with lots of clearance between it and the impeller housing. I used some Gorilla Glue, some 1/4" hex head, self drilling, self tapping screws with fender washers and picked up a 12" quick change hex bit extension from HFT to reach down the discharge chute, without having to take anything off. Cut 3 somewhat close to rectangular sections of the hard rubber auger material (with a hack saw) and gorilla glued them one at a time to the leading face of the impeller blades. I held them in place with vice-grips until they set. Then zipped in the self tappers w/ washers. Two per blade. They went in like butta and snugged up nice. Come winter, we'll see if they'll be a help, a projectile, or just jamb up the works. LOL.