Dish Network meltdown

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Dish was hit with a major cyberattack early Thursday and has been down ever since. Dish service and Sling are still functional, but all customer service and phone systems are still down 5 days later. Billing systems, tech support, new activations, cancellations, tech dispatching, all down. Allegedly they got hit with a ransomware attack. They're a small provider and since service hasn't been impacted I think that's why this hasn't been bigger news, but still interesting considering this is still a pretty large company.

I was trying to look at their dish project genesis webpage the last couple of days & it's down too. That sucks! People have been trying to contact CS & can't for the last few days. Hopefully they'll figure it out & have better protection.

companies are going to learn one way or another to be prepared with backups for situations like this. we had it happen to my company, people lost a days worth of work. luckily it was fixed in about a day, because we had an offsite encrypted backup.

companies are going to learn one way or another to be prepared with backups for situations like this. we had it happen to my company, people lost a days worth of work. luckily it was fixed in about a day, because we had an offsite encrypted backup.
As soon as we get reliable fiber internet, I’m ditching Dish Network. I am sick and tired of being forced to pay for ESPN.

Reactions: GON
Back