Didn't realize how dangerous it is to pull out your dipstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when the plastic handle broke on my Toronado's dipstick,I used a small pair of needle nose Vise Grips as a dipstick handle. Gotta love Vise Grips! Haha.

My friend are you forgetting the a umm "Captain Marvel" branch of Team Subaru? Credit where credit is due I've known a few gear head chicks Bugeye WRX's and Legacy GT Spec B's when I lived back east. The type that wrenched themselves, knew their cars and would eat those Soyboys for breakfast only to want Scarlet Johnson for dessert.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by atikovi
I kid you not, but reading the owners manual in my 2016 WRX it says, CAUTION, If the level gauge is not pulled out easily, twist the level gauge right and left, then pull it out. Otherwise, you may be injured accidentally straining yourself.

Maybe it's because WRX's are mostly driven by decaf, soy latte boys??...‚

ROFL.... Talk about "shots fired".

Think with your dipstick Jimmy!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac

On the other hand, the stupidity level has risen substantially in recent decades. There was a recent thread here showing a guy working on a car on a jack. He was lying directly under the wheel.

That was a foto I posted..it was actually TWO guys under the car with just a jack.. and yes, incredibly one thought it a good idea to have half his body under the front wheel. *facepalm*

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GZRider
My friend are you forgetting the a umm "Captain Marvel" branch of Team Subaru? Credit where credit is due I've known a few gear head chicks Bugeye WRX's and Legacy GT Spec B's when I lived back east. The type that wrenched themselves, knew their cars and would eat those Soyboys for breakfast only to want Scarlet Johnson for dessert.

I want Scarlett Johansen for (insert meal of choice)!......‚

Last edited:
If you think tort law is getting absurd, try workplace safety.

The big sign on the gate; PPE MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES

So if you spill coffee and burn your crotch, the first question asked is; Were you wearing your PPE?

Originally Posted by csandste
Not an "attorneys warn you of everything" post, but a friend in the 1960's got one of the first Datsun 510's. The manual stated, "In back of the instrument panel is a soft green light which will bring you much pleasure."

The OEM maintenance manual for my 67 Toyota Corona was a leg slapper to read. And the OEM manual for my 04 Camry V6 has what I call gibberish in some sections.

Kind of reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy" starting Luke Wilson. Unfortunately this is the begining stages of it
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by atikovi
I kid you not, but reading the owners manual in my 2016 WRX it says, CAUTION, If the level gauge is not pulled out easily, twist the level gauge right and left, then pull it out. Otherwise, you may be injured accidentally straining yourself.

That has wusifaction smeared all over it !!!!!

Originally Posted by Newman88
Kind of reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy" starting Luke Wilson. Unfortunately this is the begining stages of it
crazy2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by billt460
Does it show a picture of the fan with severed fingers off a hand? Those were my favorite warning stickers.

My miter saw says "danger: risk of amputation."

They should bring back those shock safety movies we saw in school. People getting their hands cut off, 2x4 impaling someone in the gut, etc.

Probably not allowed these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back