Did you ever wonder why?

Originally Posted by P10crew
Why does a drive up ATM have braille on the keys?

If there wasn't, someone would call the ACLU and a lawyer and make a big spectacle out of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lubener
Originally Posted by P10crew
Why does a drive up ATM have braille on the keys?

If there wasn't, someone would call the ACLU and a lawyer and make a big spectacle out of it.

I went to get new reading glasses at Lens Crafters as the ones they just fitted for me were inadequate and not strong enough..

the optometrist proceeded to make a big spectacle out of it !

But do you at least try to sell the public on the idea of a blind pilot say on 1 April?

Originally Posted by Astro14
When my airline built a brand new simulator building in 1997, it had to have Braille signage and handicap access for the simulators.

That's right. Braille and handicap access...

...to the flight simulators...used only to train pilots.

I would like to take this opportunity to assure the flying public that we have absolutely no pilots who are either blind, or confined to a wheelchair.

Originally Posted by getawheel
There's a sign on the highway near my house which says "Blind Drives"

I've driven past it every day for going on 20 years and I always somehow read it as "Blind Drivers"

Maybe there's some correlation to blind-folks' ATMs

I wasn't just driving around shooting county road signs for the heck of it back in my college days, I was performing a valuable community service free of charge - adding Braille to the road signs to make them blind driver compatible!

Back