Detroit 4-53T 22,000 miles on WVO

Just passed the 22,000 mile mark running wvo in my Detroit 4-53T. Before I started this venture I had read many horror stories of engine failures, polymerization of both fuel and engine oil. After deciding to run wvo, I started out slowly and made sure the wvo was clean and dry. As well as clean fuel I added a water methanol injection system to help keep the airbox, injectors and valves clean. I still can't claim success until I pass the 100,000 mile mark.:) Anyway having a lot of fun not paying for diesel fuel.:)

Just passed the 22,000 mile mark running wvo in my Detroit 4-53T. Before I started this venture I had read many horror stories of engine failures, polymerization of both fuel and engine oil. After deciding to run wvo, I started out slowly and made sure the wvo was clean and dry. As well as clean fuel I added a water methanol injection system to help keep the airbox, injectors and valves clean. I still can't claim success until I pass the 100,000 mile mark.:) Anyway having a lot of fun not paying for diesel fuel.:)

@A310 I think you will be fine running WVO in a good ole fashion DD 4-53T. This is not a HPCR diesel with modern emissions on it. Happy motoring!

Just my $0.02

Back