Denso Iridium TT vs long life, which one is better?

Anyone have experience with Denso Iriduim TT, is it better than Denso Iridium longlife in 4runner or any Toyota vehicle in general? This person says they go bad after 60k miles, he bought it from Rockauto so it is not fake. When I spoke with Denso customer service, they told me Denso Iridium TT is better than longlife even though Iridium TT is cheaper than longlife. OEM for 4runner is longlife.

TT for use in lost spark reverse firing double ended coil and wire ignitions.

Use always the excellent IR on C.O.P systems. Best thing since slim-jims portable meat snacks in a plastic tube.

I never says this but Bob BOSCH actually (and finally) has some good (looking) IR plugs now cheap. I have a new set I never installed in my old Subaru Ej. Worth trying . Autolite Ir also - good reports.

The TT series is the aftermarket adaption of the Super-Ignition Plug Denso created for the Toyota D4-S engines, minus the side electrodes. I’ve used the Platinum TTs in a Subaru, haven’t tried the Iridium TT. Denso seems to push them more than Iridium Power. iridium TTs have platinum on the ground electrode, like the OE plugs. Platinum TTs use titanium on the ground.

The Long-Life series is an Pt/Pt or Ir/Pt plug. Those are rated for 60K(Pt) or 100-120K(Ir, but dependent on OE intervals).

the 60k life may be representative of the 2017+ 4Runners, when the 2GR engine got a simulated Atkinson cycle, which halved the spark plug replacement from 120k to 60k
And the Lexus 2GR/4GR-FSE as well as the 1UR-FSE/2UR-GSE used in 2006-2007 until the 2GR-FKS/FXS V6 as well the 8AR-FTS/V35A-FTS TGDI I4/V6 was introduced to replace the 2.5L 4GR and the 4.6L 1UR-FSE between 2014-2014 also call for 60K plug replacement.

The I4 non-turbo A25A-FKS/M20A-FKS call for 100K plug replacement.

The TT series is the aftermarket adaption of the Super-Ignition Plug Denso created for the Toyota D4-S engines, minus the side electrodes. I’ve used the Platinum TTs in a Subaru, haven’t tried the Iridium TT. Denso seems to push them more than Iridium Power. iridium TTs have platinum on the ground electrode, like the OE plugs. Platinum TTs use titanium on the ground.

The Long-Life series is an Pt/Pt or Ir/Pt plug. Those are rated for 60K(Pt) or 100-120K(Ir, but dependent on OE intervals).

Doesn't the TT predate D4S? :unsure:

They've been around since 2003

My 2010 Hyundai Gen Coupe came stock with a twin tip though it has a special number, Denso FK20HQR8. I've had TT plugs in my Accent for quite some time. Don't expect to change them out again, Denso IK16TT 6 years 41k miles. The Turbo plugs I change about 50k miles.

Back