Denso Ignition Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any comments on Denso coils @ RockAuto?
They are $53 and on eBay so called Denso OEM are $27 a piece.

Any recommendations?

Denso or NGK, same as spark plugs. I won't buy auto parts on Amazon or eBay anymore, too many fakes.

Last edited:
Buy from rockauto, here's a coupon code I received last week. 129222958120312182

If you ship to a business address, shipping is cheaper too.

I've personally seen fakes on ebay of sparkplugs. I bought off Amazon and they look legit but be wary. Amazon cost was about $35 for 4 plugs. Ebay fakes were $15 for 4 plugs. Get the real deal for $53 but ensure you're getting the real deal.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Buy from rockauto, here's a coupon code I received last week. 129222958120312182

If you ship to a business address, shipping is cheaper too.

I already purchased my qty 6 NGK iridium spark plugs from the Toyota dealer and I am prepared for the recommended 120K mi change. I also purchased qty 3 eBay Denso OEM ignition coils made in Japan (supposedly lifetime warranty) and plan to eventually install them on the back-side against the firewall.

My current reading is 98K mi and I will swap out the easy front three ignition coils next weekend. I will run the new coils to 120K and then move them to the rear firewall side during the spark plug change.

If a coil goes bad between now and 120K then it is RockAuto Denso coil at $53 a piece.

Last edited:
Lots of fakes on Ebay. I recently bought 8 Bosch coils on RockAuto and thought their price was too good to be true also, but they were legit. Had the hologram stickers on every box with a code to verify on the bosch website they were true parts.

Coils from ebay are a big mistake imo. The exception to this is if you're buying from a legit Dealership ebay store. I always call that dealership and make sure it's actually them running the ebay store.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Audios
No problems I use them all the time. Their filters are decent too, cut one open this past week.

I like Denso filters.

Originally Posted by Amkeer
What is wrong with the current coil packs? My 2003 has the original packs at 216000 miles.

Nothing is wrong, I wanted to do proactive maintenance when the spark plugs get changed at 120K mi.

This is my eBay purchase. Denso 673-1309 $25 per coil

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
What is wrong with the current coil packs? My 2003 has the original packs at 216000 miles.

Nothing is wrong, I wanted to do proactive maintenance when the spark plugs get changed at 120K mi.

There have been discussions lately that coil on plugs are not a maintenance item. They will last a lifetime if you don't let the plug gaps get massive from wear.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Originally Posted by Patrick0525

There have been discussions lately that coil on plugs are not a maintenance item. They will last a lifetime if you don't let the plug gaps get massive from wear.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back