Denso 453-2026 2 yrs Civic

Denso cabin filter out of wife's '08 Civic that I put in 2 years ago, ~10k miles. Yup, a mouse got to it... and another car we have parked outside. My guess is lack of use of both cars, mostly home due to Covid-19.

Still surprisingly dark, I think I'm going to start replacing it yearly as its super easy and the filter is
Replaced with a Wix 24815.

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

I have a 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L, I change my cabin filter every oil change and I use Nippon brand with charcoal type (part# 8-CAF16CD)

Not parking under trees will also help, but I know this sort of varies by where you live in the country. Even though it's a filter, you're still breathing in that stuff to some degree.. 6 month filter changes would be my routine.

What is your oil change interval? Seems excessive to me, unless you are driving in extremely dusty conditions.

0W-20 Idemitsu oil every 5000 miles. I live here in California. I get the cabin filter cheap at my brother's work, like $2. So everytime I ask him to buy me oil I add the cabin filter.

Reactions: JC1
Not parking under trees will also help, but I know this sort of varies by where you live in the country. Even though it's a filter, you're still breathing in that stuff to some degree.. 6 month filter changes would be my routine.
I park under trees for shade where I live, my filters look normal - but the ones I’ve pulled for my parents who are almost always garaged at night have lots of junk. I get a year out of my filters.

Back