DELTA aviation museum visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday morning coming back from Stone Mountain GA we visited the DELTA AViation Museum. Little small but very nice. I love the "spirit of delta" 767 personally.

My stepdad wore his American Airlines shirt(he is a U.S. NAVY retired P-3 Pilot and retired from US AIR/American Airlines as American bought/merged with US AIRWAYS.

I bought nice DELTA hat to mess with stepdad a lil'

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

I always liked the Delta widget triangle on their aircraft.

I wish they would bring it back.

Flew on the Spirit of Delta once. Great backstory on the employees buying it for the airline. That was back when Delta was something special, a very good airline. I did a couple million miles with them in the 70's,80's and 90's. Their formerly famous service was in visible decline toward the end when my heavy travel tailed off. Shame.

I never knew of that place . Well have to drop by there next time wandering that way. iirc flying Delta was the only time I ever got to fly on an L1011. Very nice plane.

I work at the Technical Operations Center (TOC) across the runway from the General Offices (GO) where the museum is located. Here is a picture of me at work with my wife and niece in front of a GE CF6-80A2 engine during overhaul.

I think it's great that Delta has a museum. I really like that the "Spirit of Delta" 767 is displayed there. I've spent a bit of time at DAL HQ, but not had a chance to visit the museum.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I think it's great that Delta has a museum. I really like that the "Spirit of Delta" 767 is displayed there. I've spent a bit of time at DAL HQ, but not had a chance to visit the museum.

It is small stepfather and i thought. They have a 747 outside also and i believe a DC-8 outside. We went in the 747 but i dont think you can tour the DC-8. Nice displays and few engines to see. I recommend visiting it and retired NAVY folks or service members it cost $10

Fowvay: nice hats
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back