Delo Syn-Gear XDM 75W90

Found this on-sale for $6.59/qt shipped.
PDS says it meets API GL-5 standards and SAE J2360 standards, which is a plus. The fluid does not contain the additive needed for LSD's but I consider this to be an opportunity to add the correct amount of additive vs using a fluid with an unknown amount.

Is there any reason to spend 2x this price for Amsoil/Redline?

Last edited:
Ive never been a big fan of redline diff lubes. Back when I had a noisy LSD in my 91 BMW, redline never helped, while a specialty formulations lube did. Similarly, using their MTF lost shift feel and quality faster than Amsoil's product.

I am a fan of Amsoil MTF and gear oils, but they are expensive. So the question becomes is it useful for your needs?

Are you towing/hauling heavy?
Have you at least shot the diff with an IR gun to see how hot it seems to get?

If you were really putting a lot of power to the ground continuously, and getting really hot, SVG would be a potentially beneficial solution, IMO. But if its for routine daily driving with no real intent for harder use, then I see no reason...

Found this on-sale for $6.59/qt shipped.
PDS says it meets API GL-5 standards and SAE J2360 standards, which is a plus. The fluid does not contain the additive needed for LSD's but I consider this to be an opportunity to add the correct amount of additive vs using a fluid with an unknown amount.

Is there any reason to spend 2x this price for Amsoil/Redline?

Have that in the front differential of the Tahoe. Seemed like a great deal when I bought it at a similar price.

Back