Delo 15W30SD 5321mi 1987 4Runner 22RE ~340,000 vehicle miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This run was 6 months almost to the day, 5 months and 3 weeks were ~3,000 miles of all short trip in town use, the last 2,000 miles were added in a week driving to and from Hot Rod Drag Week and driving the 1,000 mile route during Drag Week plus 5 days of racing during Drag Week, 213 hours of driving time and 102 idling total of 315 hours this go round with a moving average of 25 MPH. Pleased with the Iron reduction on a PPM/Mile basis compared to previous samples. Filter was an older (2013) TG3614 which held up beautiful and is shown HERE . Previous oil used was Rotella T-4 10W30 CK-4 with a Napa Gold 1348. New oil in was 5 more quarts of Delo 15W30 SD and a TG8614 filter. Enjoy!

4Runner 15w30SD.jpg

Wait - you were drag racing a 22RE-equipped 4 Runner!?!?

Or does Blackstone have that wrong?

Originally Posted by Astro14
Wait - you were drag racing a 22RE-equipped 4 Runner!?!?

Or does Blackstone have that wrong?

Astro,

They don't have it wrong, I was already planning on running Drag Week this year, but I broke the Drag Car (truck) 3 days prior to the event, since I already had leave approved and hotels booked for the event I elected to bring the 4Runner instead. I drove it to and from the event, raced it all 5 days, drove the route between day 1 and day 5 of 1,000 miles. I even entered the stick shift shootout on day 5. [censored] there is even video evidence on the Hot Rod live stream of me racing it.

No, it wasn't fast.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Luke: you used a TG 8316 correct?

Nice report

Replacement filter is a TG8316, correct. Got my numbers mixed up in the original post.

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Luke: you used a TG 8316 correct?

Nice report

Replacement filter is a TG8316, correct. Got my numbers mixed up in the original post.

Luke, report looks real good
smile.gif

Sorry to notpick on the filter and good choice. I am going to run a XG 3600 next or in 15k~

Originally Posted by Powerglide
E.T. & mph for the truck?

The one I broke but intended to take or the 4Runner?

The 4Runner ran a best of 20.07 @ 67.9 at 3990 pounds with me in it.

The truck I was intending to bring has been a best of 10.72 @ 144 @ 4240 with me in it.

315 hours. Includes racing. wow, man.

If that was applied to my commuter at 42avg mph, I could go just over 13k miles, all things equal. I wish.

Originally Posted by CT8
A PH 8 A will fit.

They drain back so badly that the timing chain start up rattle is absolutely terrible. Hence the TG8316 with the anti siphon valve.

Originally Posted by Brian553
315 hours. Includes racing. wow, man.

If that was applied to my commuter at 42avg mph, I could go just over 13k miles, all things equal. I wish.

The Delo has a pretty stout starting TBN, while I wouldn't try a 13k run on it first go round I wouldn't be surprised of it would make it.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Looks good I'm not going to advise you on how to care for a engine with 340K on the clock.

It's pretty easy, don't run it out of oil, change the oil on a reasonable schedule, and enjoy it! 2,000 miles give or take in a weeks time it's still plenty reliable even if it is slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back