Dealer Repair exposed a yellow wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,

Yesterday I finally vacuumed and cleaned the interior of my wife's 2018 KIA Niro. We have a 9 month old now so time is not as abundant lol. When I got to the back seat I noticed a yellow wire sticking out. I have a picture for you to see it. We don't have anyone that sits in the backseat and we don't have any other children etc. It took me awhile to think of it but I remember some TSB being performed including a wiring harness being replaced. SA343 and SA350. Does anyone know if these components could have been this yellow wire and the technician did a poor job at repair. It was months ago but nobody would have noticed as we don't sit in the back. 95% of the time it's just my wife and the baby as our hours are mismatched. It's just under the driver side rear passenger door between the door and the floor.
Thanks

20190525_194150.jpg

I assume what you're saying is that it's part of the airbag system and you're concerned.

I would take it to (a different) dealer and mention there's a yellow wire showing and you're concerned, and have them put that in writing on the Repair Order, and can they check it out?

I don't have a real good feel for that plastic on the left, does it have a sharp edge? It could have done this. If I had to engineer the fix, I'd put wire loom or a split rubber hose over it. But of course, I don't-- safety stuff should be left to the liable party, the Kia guys.

Dealer repair didn't expose yellow wire . Mechanic did poor quality work .

How long ago did they do this?

I would stop by and let the advisor take a look at it. Obviously it's in a place that will see more wear as time goes on.

Tuck it up under the trim and move on. If you take it to the dealer, that's all they're going to do.

Agree carpet is just pulled out of place. It actually looks like there is quite a bit of wear on the carpet behind the seatbelt, does something ride there all the time?

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Agree carpet is just pulled out of place. It actually looks like there is quite a bit of wear on the carpet behind the seatbelt, does something ride there all the time?

That's what I noticed as well in the latest pic. It's either worn or something tore the carpet.

Get it tucked back in properly and maybe get some floor mats.

That is just the carpet not put back properly. Not all wires in a car are protected in a wire loom or harness tape 100%. Just tuck the carpet up better and you are fine. That is a yellow wire that does not mean airbag- the only thing yellow that indicates airbag circuits are the CONNECTORS, not the wire color. An airbag connector will be yellow that's all. Every other connector will be black, gray, white etc. There are yellow wires for other circuits all over a car,.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back