Dawn won't strip a sealant.

I'd like to see a longer term test where one was washed with dawn and the other was washed with a carwash soap over a period of months. There are sealent tests like this all over youtube so it is doable.

These are freshly applied coats of wax/sealent so you would have to remove quite a bit if it before the beading would stop. I suspect Dawn may remove it faster over time and number of washes vs dedicated car wash.

Notice he said even 91% IPA didn't stop the beading and this is a much stronger solvent than Dawn. The M105 is a high cut compound for removing obvious swirl marks from paint so he is mechanically removing the wax film with essentially a very fine sand paper vs chemically. not an apples to apples comparison.

I would also like to see if he put Dawn then scrubbed hard in one spot with the sponge would it remove the wax. He just casually wiped over the paint like you should when washing a car. I think that it would at least make a dent in the beading ability. Think of a pan with beacon grease in it. You don't just wipe the sponge over it and expect the grease to fly off. you have to scrub.

Last edited:
Here is an entire in-depth discussion on the removal of LSP's. It's much harder than I had thought. Even IPA is questionable.

LInk

OK, Now I'm convenced, he has another video showing regular carnuba wax and he did fresh with 10 or so washes with dawn and little to no reduction. Then he did a test after 2 months on his front doors while he left his back doors with no wax. Still little to no reduction on beading before and after.

huuhhh.,,,

I’ve always used dawn dish soap with either simple green or purple power poured in as well. Never done a test like in the video but I wasn’t too worried about it

Back